Strange Friend

Ok, well. Iv been friends with this guy since we were at primary school. Weve grown up together and hung around playing video games, football etc until we were in our late 20's, living with our parents 2 streets away from each other.

At 30 me and my partner had our first child and moved in together 6 miles from my parents house, but i still kept in touch with him, called him up or popped round to see him when i was around the area.

Recently, the past 2 years or so i have called him up most Sundays and we've met up to play tennis, which we both enjoy.

The problem is, he NEVER calls me, even if i made no contact for years i know id never get a call off him and anytime i'm busy with the kids and my misses is at work i ask him if he want to come round and hang out, play some video games like we used to, but the answer is always no with some lame excuse, as he is single and lives just with his mum and never really does anything.

This is really starting to pee me off and iv not made any contact with him for over a month and guess what, iv not heard off him. Some i'm seriously contemplating calling our friendship a day and deleting his number because i'm starting to wonder if hes glad i don't call now and out friendship has ran its course.

Thoughts?

Well, maybe he's not all that social and tennis is the only thing tempting him to meet with you. I mean, it's possible he doesn't like to sit around (and with kids too) and just hang out. Maybe he gets bored. Now, I have a friend that it's usually me contacting. It's a habit we got into. I wondered how long it would take her to check on me and stopped contacting and waited, and it took her about six months, as I recall. Some people, like her, probably, go where the wind blows them. And if the wind doesn't blow, they sit home and read a book or garden. As long as he'll still go to tennis, I wouldn't give up my tennis partner for him, but that seems to be all he's interested in you about.

True friends are few. You'll have many acquaintances. I wouldn't waste anymore time on a one sided one.

whichwayisup
Ok, well. Iv been friends with this guy since we were at primary school. Weve grown up together and hung around playing video games, football etc until we were in our late 20's, living with our parents 2 streets away from each other.

At 30 me and my partner had our first child and moved in together 6 miles from my parents house, but i still kept in touch with him, called him up or popped round to see him when i was around the area.

Recently, the past 2 years or so i have called him up most Sundays and we've met up to play tennis, which we both enjoy.

The problem is, he NEVER calls me, even if i made no contact for years i know id never get a call off him and anytime i'm busy with the kids and my misses is at work i ask him if he want to come round and hang out, play some video games like we used to, but the answer is always no with some lame excuse, as he is single and lives just with his mum and never really does anything.

This is really starting to pee me off and iv not made any contact with him for over a month and guess what, iv not heard off him. Some i'm seriously contemplating calling our friendship a day and deleting his number because i'm starting to wonder if hes glad i don't call now and out friendship has ran its course.

Thoughts?

You've been friends for a very long time, so you're willing to just up and end the friendship for good without telling him how you feel and to ask him to put more effort into the friendship? Maybe he is suffering from depression or anxiety which does mess with your head at times and not let you enjoy life or reach out to people and spend time with them.

Anyway, I hope you consider talking to him before just walking away.