when friends won't give you their address

If you don't know somebody's address, they are not your friend. They are an acquaintance who is not interested in getting closer. Accept the wall they built & move along.

• Like 3

This day and age not everyone has each other’s address because we email so much and text so much. But if you go out of your way to ask them for their address because you’re going to send them something or whatever and they don’t give to you, then that’s an issue.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
brokenblade

Wow... since I am homeless and don't have an address. I am no one's friend. I'm gonna have to have a talk with a lot of people.

Wow... since I am homeless and don't have an address. I am no one's friend. I'm gonna have to have a talk with a lot of people.

Where do you eat and sleep?

What kind of question is this with no context? You could be a child sex offender and they don't want to give you their address for good reason. If you want some constructive feedback, please work on your first post.

• Like 1

I don't give it right away if I'm nervous they'll surprise me one day and my house is in no condition to accept guests right now.

In my world, anyone who I'd consider a friend knows where I live whether it's an actual address. Most acquaintances only know the area (city) that I live.

I don't know if you're being facetious, but I think OP also means anyone who might be homeless would probably acknowledge that fact. On the other hand, someone who is homeless could be uncomfortable and/or embarrassed and not want anyone to know it.

The only time I give out my address is if someone is coming over to my house. If they are not, they probably don't have my address. Why would they need it? They still might be my friend and they will end up with my address when I have a garage sale or they want to send me a birthday present or whatever.

If someone is purposefully refusing to give you their address there is probably a reason for it.

The only time I give out my address is if someone is coming over to my house. If they are not, they probably don't have my address. Why would they need it? They still might be my friend and they will end up with my address when I have a garage sale or they want to send me a birthday present or whatever.

If someone is purposefully refusing to give you their address there is probably a reason for it.

This is also true. It's weird to ask for an address unless you actually *need* the address for postage or visiting.

If they won't give the address so that you can visit, then they don't want you in their life.

• Like 1

--------------PAUSE------------

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute!

Who wrote this?!? No one did that I can see. There isn't even a real message. It is just an empty message body with the subject line being used as the message and there is no user name associated with it. It is a stinking Troll Post. Why the hell do people get involved with obvious Troll Posts! (So, ok, looks like I did this time). Does anyone here even expect the original writer to ever respond??? Seriously?

Now this forum tends to be better than the others. The others out there may have 75% of the posts being fake with very few being real,....but this forum site still has its share of them.

Edited by PRW
  • Like 1

Nah, just someone with poor english or was having a lazy moment :)

Who cares if they don't come back. Everyone who posts on LS does so for their own cathartic reasons. It really doesn't matter if the OP comes backs or not.

Not an empty msg, there was 2 lines of text.

Edited by marky00
  • Like 1
Nah, just someone with poor english or was having a lazy moment :)

Who cares if they don't come back. Everyone who posts on LS does so for their own cathartic reasons. It really doesn't matter if the OP comes backs or not.

Not an empty msg, there was 2 lines of text.

I thought the two lines were the message of the first reply. People don't usually write a subject in question form and then answer themselves in the body.

Anyway,...my cathartic desires and now fulfilled :-)

OP proposed an answer to the thread title and then asked us if we agree.

Seems fairly logical, albeit very brief.