the clinging vine

Block them. Is this someone you have no choice but to see? If so, all you can do is say No, and if they push to the point where you feel they are being disrespectful to you and refusing to take no for an answer, at that point, you tell them, Hey, it's never going to happen. Stop bugging me.

• Like 1
how do get rid of a clingy person?

they seem to endlessly try to get into my life

What does their behaviour consist of? This is in the 'friendship' section, so I'm also wondering what it is about them which makes you not want them as a friend.

dark moon.

you speak to them in a mature, KIND, honest and fair way. you treat them with respect and listen to what they have to say.

you may not know all of the facts about what is going on.

you may not know for sure how they would describe your friendship with them, you say they are clingy, but what might they say about your traits that they are not that fond of...

maybe the way you treat them is adding to the clinginess that you don't want whether you realise this or not and that is why you have to talk to them.

you have to treat people as you hope they will treat you,

you can block them and then what, that might make them cling more!!!

you can tell others how so and so is so clingy and then they unfairly also share a bad view of someone on the sole basis of what you think...that doesn't sound that fair on them either...and its common, people do that all the time

communication is the key here, have you ever clung to anyone in time of need? if so how did they treat you? and did you even realise maybe that they were thinking of you in that way?

also, I agree with basil here and in terms of communicating stuff...what are they doing that is so clingy or that you cant talk with them about?

the buck stops with how you deal with it...just be kind, thoughtful and honest and you will at least get them to think about it.

we all do stuff that irritates, but you have to be fair and thoughtful and kind....some folks take things real hard, so you need to be kind in doing and saying stuff as you can be.

ok, times up. good luck and be kind, they may need some kindness, and you may not know all about what is making them hurt or cling to you. see ya. maxi

how do get rid of a clingy person?

they seem to endlessly try to get into my life

I don't know but if you find out tell me because I've been trying to get rid of my biological mother since she came back into my life. She can't take NO for an answer.

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't know but if you find out tell me because I've been trying to get rid of my biological mother since she came back into my life. She can't take NO for an answer.

be obnoxious until she can not stand you and wants to avoid you?

• Like 1

Dark Moon....hmmm....being obnoxious "deliberately" to get rid of someone is one of those kind of nasty little games that you can only hope wouldn't go on anymore... unless you are visiting a pre-school centre!!!! and you are facing the bully wielding complete power and control over the weaker child.....pretty sad really when that kind of thing is displayed quite happily in adults....and there are a lot that still haven't left their school days behind them! when it comes to people they actually know and are able to talk face to face with like adult surely should.

jeeez....life is too short for that kind of childishness isn't it????, I reckon its always best to just talk to people honestly and openly, and to try (if you know someone personally to give them the benefit of the doubt..and you only can do that by talking to them...try and see it from their point too not just about how you are affected in it all..

....because when it comes to spiteful, deliberate little games and wanting to manipulate/label folks and get others on board to spite them without giving them a chance (in the real world in real actual situations and face to face with real people...when it comes to all that kind of negative stuff I don't have the time or the energy for life's little ********'s who want to keep playing those kind of games of power to let others know they are the ones that hold the cards).

if you are honest and fair with people in real time situations and face to face at least give them a chance.

its way too easy to get caught up in endless bad vibes, insults and insecurity for the heck of it, and then boom...before you know it karma's a-knockin at your own yard!!!!! and then hey...its another one sided forum threads that are looking for support with the "she said he said" school yard mentality in a thinly disguised attempt to knock someone down when really you are also/have been very active for some time in contributing to what happened etc....

i'm don't with this post. I kinda knew where this post was heading,(way before I got involved with it) but I just replied to see what the reply would be...in the hope that i would be proven wrong and to give it a chance to balance out...but hey, when I look at it even in the most basic terms its what I expected it to be to be honest... so im not up for it to carry on for me...if others wish to post then great - that's up to them...me???? im outta here, im done.

but like my first post said: if you are serious about wanting to get rid of someone that is clinging to you then you gotta look to your own shortcomings as well as thiers.

cos in life there are those that like a drama to cling too, and there are those that will do (and say) almost anything that suits to create their point of view to create a drama so that others will cling to it.

I think your friend is probably a lot stronger person than has been given credit for in the post, and I say that as I appreciate everyone can be and is strong in their own little ways, weakness is often mocked,,,but actually it takes a real strong person to say or know they have a weakness!!!!and if you spoke to that person and gave them a chance instead of playing games to get them to avoid you you might have found that out and given the person a little respect in being able to move on from you and your life.

if they do get out of your life then good for them, it might be something that can help them grow more into a stronger person who is no so fearful and can just be themselves without being branded or ridiculed.

....maybe your personality is also strangling them a bit and so in their weakness they are reacting by clinging to you even more as they don't know what else to do.

anyway, a bit more positive wishes to you and your alleged "vine"...I would actually be more interested to hear what the said VINE has to say about the relationship they have with you....as I think that would give us a more balanced, honest picture of events.

someone is clinging to you in every aspect of your life yet you don't name it?????....odd that...but still, I am not interested in pondering this anymore. ive given my genuine reply of what I think might help if you are serious in your initial post.

but this post is just a reaction to your comeback comment....but as I have already hinted; it is the last comment for me on this post that Im prepared to give my time to making.

see ya..(.no suprises for me sadly), ..the intention was honestly good (but the sentiments clearly wasted) .maxi.