Call or E-mail?

Okay so I have another ex coworker question!

This one is about another guy I worked with at my old job (radio station)...For a while he became like my best friend we worked together so much (we were on the promotions team together so we were working really long hours together all through the week and on weekends most of the time), we even spent some time together out side of work (I went to lunch with him and his Girlfriend on several occasions, even went over to his Girlfriends apartment one night after work to watch a movie with them), but once I quit (about 8 months ago) I didn't talk to him anymore, then I found out he got called up to active duty (he's also in the Army Reserve) (thank gosh it was only out of state and not to overseas) and I e-mailed him (about 2 months ago) to see how he had been doing and all that stuff and I just expected to get a e-mail back but he ended up calling me and I missed his call the first time and then the second time he was in town and I missed his call again...well I got real busy and never called him back (plus I hate talking on the phone anyway and I was nervous to talk to him again)!

Well it's been well over a month since he called, and my question is should I call him back and explain that I got busy and all, or should I just e-mail and tell him I'm sorry I never called back and see if he calls me again?

Plus another thing is at one time I thought maybe I liked him more than just a friend, but I loved having him as my friend so much and I really liked his Girlfriend, so I just put that thought outta my mind and I guess that's why I was so nervous to talk to him again!

Anyway, I know it sounds complicated but any advice will help!

Well, you could send an e-mail, wait a few days, if you get no reply, THEN call, But make the call short and tell him you sent him and e-mail and then find an excuse to hang up.

LostandNeverFound

I not no Romeo but I would deffinally call him. Email is just so dam impersonal. (Plus I have had this happen to me and the chick email-ed me and i turned me off because she could not even take the time to call me back) Just let him know the truth that you got super busy and you never really had any real time to call him and you wanted lots of time so that you both did not have to feel rushed when you called him. Not sure but if you were think about him let him know that 2. ( Most guys like to know when girls are think about them.)

Don't be nervous he just a friend and if you like him more then that Never be nervous all he can say is no and if he is a true friend he will still be your friend.

Hope that helps post more if you want anything else :D

Hi aca1284,

You two are good friends... and it seems like he's eager to get back in touch with you. You can call or email him, but do it soon... just don't postpone it any longer! :)

Calling him might be problematic(?) as he's on active duty... and leaving messages can feel frustrating. You can write an email to him to be assured that he'll get your thoughtful message. I can guarantee this (I know some people who are choosy about what email to read, but your friend will really appreciate hearing from you :).)... and I'll bet that he'll reply right away!

The point is that you let him know now that you're still thinking of him so you both can soon resume your communication.

• Author

I think I am going to have to e-mail him because I believe he has changed his number since he last called...I will do so tomorrow!

Thanks everyone for your advice! :cool: