Should I be friends with this person in the seduction community?

NightRogue

So I've been chatting with someone for some time now and I recently found out they are a part of the 'seduction' community. I hear that community has a bad rep due to its views on women. However, he says he doesn't hold views that like and told me this:

"I would say that maybe the best way to think about it is that there are a lot of ways to accomplish a single task, and in the case of the seduction stuff the "goal" is to have women like you. How do we know a woman likes you? Well for some they would say sex is the ultimate sign that a woman likes you. Therefore some people choose to believe that the more you sleep with women the more "successful" you are.

The original task I think is perfectly fine, wanting to be liked/loved is a natural thing we all want, but you can see how twisted that goal can become over time. So those that are the most visible and have the most "success" are often those that boast about the amount of women they have slept with. These people rarely care about if they harm the girl, only the fact that they slept with them, thus they do dishonest things to get them there.

In a lot of ways it's like how if a person voted republican then you assume they are an idiot cause they voted for Trump, but not everybody who is republican is an idiot, it's just the most vocal people give the group a bad name.

I would argue that the majority of the people who are interested in seduction come from a background of having great insecurities with women. At some point you may even think talking to a woman is offending them because they roll their eyes at you when you come and say hi. This is why I believe in a lot of the principles because it teaches you why come off so creepy when you say hi, why girls don't like you, and how to improve at those things. How is your smile, are you well groomed, are you a good story teller, did you misread another persons body language? You learn a lot, and I honestly think you come out happier, but yes there are some lemons in the community too"

So I was wondering, should I associate with this person?

It's the bit about him still being in the community which would bother me. If he said "I was really clumsy and it taught me how to converse", I'd be less concerned.....but still being in it makes me think he's on board with the unpleasant stuff.

The bigger question though is how he treats you: Does he ever put you down? Or make snide comments about you? Does he have general cynicism towards women? These three would be the deal breakers for me.

CautiouslyOptimistic

What do you mean by "be friends with?" Have you ever met this person? Are you asking if you should be friends with this person, or if you should join this "seduction community" in general?

• Like 1

Simply because you are friends with somebody doesn't mean you have to adopt every view of theirs as your own.

I'm friends with people of varying political backgrounds & various religions. I'm not going to convert.

If you want to be his friend, be his friend. Doesn't mean you have to join this seduction community or share his views on women

However, if his views make you so angry you can't stand to be around him then don't be friends with him. Life is too short to be around negative people.

• Like 2