what would make you drop a friend?

for me, it is if somebody is aggressive, they always do it again, at the age of 66, I trust my own judgement and learned the hard way, over time

there is no need for a dominant tirade when a simple sentence will do, and no need to sneer in order display disapproval, just do not bother with me if you disapprove

CautiouslyOptimistic
for me, it is if somebody is aggressive, they always do it again, at the age of 66, I trust my own judgement and learned the hard way, over time

there is no need for a dominant tirade when a simple sentence will do, and no need to sneer in order display disapproval, just do not bother with me if you disapprove

The only time I've ever dropped a friend was because of sheer disrespect, and it all happened after the 2016 presidential election.

Other friendships have fizzled out over the years due to my divorce, and it makes me sad, but it is what it is.

I have come close to doing so with a friend I've kept in contact with from high school.

It was a full on disagreement about my relationship - he'd said that I should have other priorities than the relationship I'd just gotten into. The friendship scraped through because we still had shared hobbies... if I wasn't passive regarding friendships at the time I probably would have dropped him. But I'm really glad we remained friends - we've grown back together in the past two years. His outlook on relationships has changed a lot since then, so it's not even worth bringing up again.

I’ve dropped a few friends who honestly don’t seem to give a crap about keeping in touch. They make no effort to stay in contact. If they flake out in plans al the time I drop them because those people aren’t usually interested in staying friends anyways.

I will also drop you if you are a liar. I expect nothing but honesty out of a friend

Actually friendships tend to be quite dynamic as we move through life. Moves, job changes, graduations, etc... all affect friendships. The vast majority of friendships just fade away at some point. There are a very few precious ones that survive it all.

I dropped a friend because she went and told another friend that I'd said stuff about this friend to her (I hadn't said anything it was all made up) which lead to the other friend dropping me for something I had never said.

It still angers me and it happened about 13 or 14 years ago.