LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Past

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2018, 4:31 AM   #1
Established Member

Past

Sometimes I feel like my past is going to haunt me. Like who I was before is going to come bite me in the ass, largely due to my ignorance. How do I get past this insecurity?
ms.stressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2018, 3:27 PM   #2
Established Member

It's not really an insecurity. It's a reality, but you can deal with it. If you've changed, then you convince people you have changed by your actions and words. If it's about job hunting, offer to take a lie detector test or drug test or whatever would be of benefit. If it's personal, don't spill the beans too soon but tell them about it once you think there might be something there.
Old 23rd February 2018, 4:20 PM   #3
Established Member

You concentrate on being the best person you can be now -- thoughtful, kind, law abiding etc. you know the opposite of whatever bad stuff you think will haunt you from your past.

As time goes by, your past is less important. People don't really judge 30+ year olds for the junk they did as teens.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote