I have a Crush on a girl and I m not sure how to talk to her...

PleaseLoveMe

I know it might seem like I don't belong on this site but I really need some guidance here because its ripping me apart inside... So basically I have a crush on this girl and I have ONLY texted her and never actually spoken to her. So it's kinda awkward. At my school we have no classes together which makes it even harder. If you could bring my any guidance or advice that would be awesome

Thankyou

• Author

I got her number from a friend and I guess I could but she has basketball after school and I can't just walk in on a conversation with her friends during lunch.

I got her number from a friend and I guess I could but she has basketball after school and I can't just walk in on a conversation with her friends during lunch.

Maybe it's a generational thing but I find introducing yourself at lunch to be much less of an invasion of her space than getting her number disengenuously and texting her out the blue. Adults often find what you did creepy. Whereas approaching her at lunch is brave. You get to decide which one you want to be.

Maybe your common friend (the one you got the number from) could help set up a meeting if she is interested in meeting you.

• Like 5
Happy Lemming
I can't just walk in on a conversation with her friends during lunch.

Lunch = Why not?? Be polite, walk over and talk to her. When her friends see you standing there, they'll stop talking and let you have the floor to speak. Then you ask her out to the movies or whatever. Moreover, it will show you have confidence!!

In my experience, women respect a confident man!!

What's the worse that can happen, she says "No, I don't want to go out with you to the movies" Trust me I've been turned down many, many, many times when I asked women out. I just went to the next one and tried again. Rejection doesn't hurt... regret does!!

Go for it, you'll never know unless you try!!

• Like 2
  • Author

Ok sure It may be just that easy but I'm not brave or confident you probably think i'm just making excuses but Its actually hard for me.

Happy Lemming
Ok sure It may be just that easy but I'm not brave or confident you probably think i'm just making excuses but Its actually hard for me.

Face your fear and take its power away!! You'll do fine. There has to be a first time for everything.

"Nothing to fear, but fear itself" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

• Like 2
Happy Lemming
I'm not sure I can do it though

I was in your shoes, many, many years ago.

There was this cute little red head and I wanted to ask her out to the movies. I was scared, but I walked up to her and asked her out and she said "YES". I felt 10 feet tall and thus began my long illustrious dating career.

You can do it. Show her you are a confident young man!!

• Like 1

I know it's hard for you. I was the same way when I was in school. I would have rather eaten raw worms than approach a person I didn't know. Even approaching someone I did know was too hard for me.

I was good looking (did not know it), a decent athlete, and was the class valedictorian but when my friends would tell me that so and so liked me I didn't believe them I felt so low about myself back then.

I didn't date and people knew that some girls liked me so everyone believed I must be gay.

One day a girl who was a year ahead of me had me sign her yearbook. I wrote something very nice and she got the hint that I had some feelings for her. She talked to me and suggested we go on a date.

If that hadn't happened I really think I would not have gone on a single date in high school. She became my first girlfriend. That was near the end of 11th grade for me and senior year for her. She went off to college so now I was this high school kid with a college girlfriend. Big man on campus, huh? Some girls tried to lure me away from her during my senior year. What does she have that I don't? one girl said. My confidence grew.

Your confidence will grow too.

But right now, it's hard.

• Like 1
I'm not sure I can do it though

True story of how I met my first wife, Kay.

I had a huge crush on her. The problem was that she was 29 and I was only 20.

I couldn't ask her out. She would surely say no. She should say no. I was too young for her. I had no intention of ever acting on this crush.

I had mentioned the name Kay and quite a few other names of people I worked with to my ex gf who was probably still hoping to get back with me. One day I am away from my desk at my summer job. My 70 year old office mate answers it. She asks him during the call whether JJ had gotten together with Kay yet. I guess ex gf had noticed there might be a crush by the way I said her name. He goes to Kay and asks her about it. I am not aware of any of this.

The next time Kay and I talk she asks me about this phone call that I know nothing about. In a leap of courage that I didn't even know I had, I didn't try to explain anything. I said, if you'll have dinner with me at X on Friday, I will tell you all about it then. She agreed. We were together 8 years.

They may say no. Maybe they even should say no. But what if they say yes.

I was stupid to be afraid. It wouldn't have been the end of the world if she said no. And I could have moved beyond that crush after finding out.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...