I feel insecure around my friend?

I'veseenbetterlol

I'veseenbetterlol

I have a really good friend, but I'm kinda jealous of her. I guess I'm super insecure about myself, despite being attractive to my bf, who absolutely adores me. This jealousy comes from previous guys making comments about her like: she is so pretty, she can be a model (something the guy never told me) or your friend is cute, she looks like my ex. My bf doesn't say anything about her and never comments on other women, but I feel very insecure. Why am I jealous?

You're jealous because you perceive her as putting you in the shade, maybe even makes you feel a bit invisible when she's around. Be glad that your current BF isn't one of those insensitive clowns who tell you how attractive your friend is. Even more important, don't be one of those nasty women who let jealousy get the better of them and start being spiteful towards her.

• Author
I'veseenbetterlol
You're jealous because you perceive her as putting you in the shade, maybe even makes you feel a bit invisible when she's around. Be glad that your current BF isn't one of those insensitive clowns who tell you how attractive your friend is. Even more important, don't be one of those nasty women who let jealousy get the better of them and start being spiteful towards her.

Def not gonna be spiteful towards her. I honestly think what the other guys did was disrespectful towards me.

Def not gonna be spiteful towards her. I honestly think what the other guys did was disrespectful towards me.

Yep, it defo was disrespectful. No one can tell me that guys don't do this crap on purpose to diminish women because of their own insecurities, because you have to be a complete social retard not to know that it's a put down. Maybe next time some guy starts with the "Oh, she's so hot" crap....you could respond with, "Yes, she's gorgeous, so she's way out of your league. Come to think of it, I'm way out of your league too." :)

• Author
I'veseenbetterlol
Yep, it defo was disrespectful. No one can tell me that guys don't do this crap on purpose to diminish women because of their own insecurities, because you have to be a complete social retard not to know that it's a put down. Maybe next time some guy starts with the "Oh, she's so hot" crap....you could respond with, "Yes, she's gorgeous, so she's way out of your league. Come to think of it, I'm way out of your league too." :)

lol love it haha. I def wouldn't put up w/that now. I think its disrespectful for either partner to do that.

• Like 1
I have a really good friend' date=' but I'm kinda jealous of her. I guess I'm super insecure about myself, despite being attractive to my bf, who absolutely adores me. This jealousy comes from previous guys making comments about her like: she is so pretty, she can be a model (something the guy never told me) or your friend is cute, she looks like my ex. My bf doesn't say anything about her and never comments on other women, but I feel very insecure. Why am I jealous?[/quote']

This is more about you than your friend. Work on your self confidence and learn to not pay attention to what other guys find attractive about your friend. Honestly it shouldn't matter because you're focusing on stuff from the past and you have a boyfriend now. A bf that loves you, respects you and pays attention to you.