I need some advice about a friendship and work colleague interaction

Anxiety chick

Anxiety chick

I need some advice about a friendship. My friend has started seeing someone and they are great together.

However I feel like I have been a terrible friend, over the past few months my work colleagues who.i thought were my friends have been asking about my nights out and I've been talking about them. Not in great detail but a bit.

I noticed that a girl on my team was friends with the guy my friend is seeing so just asked how she knew him and she said they were friends from school and his ex is her nail lady. Anyway I have found out that this girl in my office has been telling his ex about my friend and has caused issue in our friendship now and he's been screaming and shouting at my friend.

The relationship might be over before it's begun because of me and I don't know what to do. What i though was innocent and confidential has caused all of this. I'm someone who suffers from anxiety and hates confrontation what should I do? Please help me.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs, edit title for clarity

Well, it's hard to tell what you're talking about because first you say talking about YOUR nights out but then go on to say a friend from work, a girl in the office, etc., and I can't sort it out.

But I will say this: What does he care what his ex thinks to the point he'll fight with his current girlfriend about it? Just mad because she told you stuff or what?

• Author
Anxiety chick

Sorry i should have explained better. A girl at my work who I thought was a friend has gone to my best friends current boyfriend's ex and has told her about all our wild nights out and other personal stuff. So he has been calling up my best friend screaming and shouting at her because he's angry. And now I think it's ruined my friendship and her relationship.

By "he's" screaming & shouting, do you mean the boyfriend is screaming & shouting? If he's doing that to your friend based on what his ex says her friend says that you have said, then I really don't think you're the problem. That said, it's always a good idea to be cautious about what you say about your personal life at work, especially when it comes to the names of other people involved. Nobody needs to know about your wild nights out.