kissed my friend and she got angry

I met this female friend 2 months ago (I am a male). We started hanging out like friends and started liking the company of each other. Recently we started touching and hitting each other playfully. 4 days ago, we were cuddling while watching in cinema. Yesterday I invited her to a dance and she accepted it and had a very good evening. It was 12 am by the time we left the place, and she asked me what my plans are. And I told her that I am going to eat a food I cooked before coming to the dance and invited her if she is willing to join. She said yes. We went to my apartment and ate and started chatting, I laid perpendicularly in my bed and she laid with her head near my head and she started playfully teasing about my stuff in my computer (which was some school stuff). I started playfully hitting her and she was hitting back playfully too. During this I kissed her first and she was silent and second, she said no and waked from the bed and went to her home. I accompanied her as it was late, but she didn’t say anything on the way. I have some feelings for her but didn’t say it to her, and I know that she is single. I texted to apologize the next morning for the misunderstanding and no answer. Texted to meet her (I was trying to tell her my feelings though that was not in the text) and no answer and finally by the end of today she replied.

I don’t think it is a good idea to meet. Things wont be the same again. Take care.

Any advice appreciated!!!

How old are you guys? I don't mean that in a derogatory way. It just will help frame things so I can give better advice.

todreaminblue

yeah I don't get this ..she came back to your apartment..she was laying in your room on your bed with you she has allowed you to cuddle her in the cinema (to me thats dating not friendship)and be close to her and right up in her personal space....she hits you playfully and plays with you.....i understand why you felt you could progress to kissing.....personally i prefer to be asked for permission in saying that, i would not go lie on a guys bed unless we were actually dating and together...or actually already physical as in sexual.....i have been on dates and gone to guys houses....i dont go into their rooms normally its too easy.....to you know....do the deed.....

i will offer this advice ...if you want to be really sure its time for a kiss...ask for permission its respectful and manly.....steal your kisses when you are actually a couple.....

i dont know why she turned on you...its not really fair that she did .....but it is what it is...she wasnt the one for you....and she doesnt sound all that stable so at least you found that out sooner rather than later.....maybe she realized she had also let it go to far with going to your place and lying all over your bed.....and had a change of heart.......let it go ..theres nothing you can do now .....best wishes...deb

• Like 3

Sorry to hear, you made a move which backfired in a major way. She clearly saw you just as a friend the entire time, but unfortunately that wasn't mentioned at any point.

I think it was a bit of an overreaction on her part, and it was certainly horrible for her not to even say anything on the walk home, it would have been better for you to know right away how she felt. Although she might have still been processing what happened and needed space to think before talking.

I don't think there's anything you can do at this point, but do not let that discourage you from making a move on the next person if it feels right. I agree in principle with what Deb said about asking, but there are some girls that don't like being asked and would rather you just read the situation (my partner is one example - she kept asking why I was so timid when we first got together!).

Once again, sorry to hear. Good luck!

• Like 3

Dump her as a friend. You two were not friends in the first place. You are a slow moving guy who hung around too long hesitating to make a move. By then she may have friend-zoned you but you didn't read all the signs wrong. This woman was engaging in physical flirting with you after a date. She voluntarily got in your bed, for heaven's sake. If she didn't want to be kissed she should have had a enough sense to sit on a chair or even the floor.

Just drop her from your life. You want more then she's willing to give.

• Like 2

Guess she was only interested in being friends and doesn't get that guys aren't usually only wanting to be friends with women. It is true you waited to long to make a move and let her know you were interested in her romantically. I mean, first date, a short kiss on the mouth, 2nd date a better one etc. So you have to make it known up front. Especially at your ages.

That said, two months isn't such a very long time, but by then she trusted that your interest was purely platonic and probably disclosed some things only friends do and so she may feel she's been tricked or something.

However, her not being a young girl, she should by now know better than to think you can lay around in bed with a guy for very long without them getting ideas. So that part is her bad. Anyway, it will only be awkward from now on, so just let her go and write her off. No point hanging around as a friend until she gets a boyfriend and having to endure that.

• Like 1