I told my friend that I like her and she act awkwardly

Asimple

I told one my friends that I like her and suddenly she shocked and I shocked that how she reacat and she said we are like brother and sister and left and said we will talk about it later . Did I make a very bad mistake? What should I do now? Is it normal that she shocked that way? We are very close friends I didn't expecting that reaction really I was OK if she act like oh no or not gonna work out with a normal reaction but not like that. What should I do really what is she going to feel about me in future what will happen to our relationship?

There is nothing wrong with speaking the truth and getting it back in return. Your better off expressing how you feel and getting rejected which will ultimately help you move on as oppose to holding on to something and getting fixated on something that isn't possible, real, and ends up wasting space in your head in the long run.

• Like 1

She probably feels misled and a bit betrayed. I think you concealed that you had romantic interest in her until now and so that's misleading. She came to trust you like a brother, platonically, and nothing more. Now she's sorry she did because you were actually wanting more and not honest about it early on.

I know I wasn't happy when who I thought was a platonic friend (also friends with an ex) was actually just not straightforward. I had related to him like a friend, and he took it all in and then, after a couple of years, tried to kiss me. Yikes. I was shocked and angry.

You need to be honest and up front with women you're interested in (or not interested in). You knew when you first met that you might have sexual interest in her, and I imagine you pretended not to so she'd let you hang around. It's not good to have a man after you hanging around because you never know when they'll interfere and try to block your interest in some other man or their interest in you. Or you may give them self-serving advice. It's just not honest. It's good you finally told her, but don't be surprised if this isn't the end.

• Like 1

What will happen to the relationship?

It's very likely she will pull back a bit to create some space and hope that you'll get over her. Thing is, she can't have you as a friend if you have romantic feelings towards her.

She feels awkward because she doesn't share your interest. She see you like a brother not a potential BF. In having to tell you that she knows it hurt your feelings because no one likes being rejected. Now she feels pressure that you want more from her then she can give & she fears you will resent her.

If you want to make it less awkward all you can do is act like you never said anything & go back to being "her brother." If you can't do that because it would be too painful for you to want something you can't have then you will have to put distance in here.

There is so many mixed messages in life that it happens from time to time. For the most part. Unless there is some Brother/Sister or family vibe between a man and a woman.

Most women. I have to say it. 90% of the time we Men view you as a romantic prospect, and you know it.

Asimple. What is it about your friend that you want as a GF? I think that her reaction is over the top. Has she really even tried to help you find or set you up with a romantic prospect?

For the most part. From what I have seen. If a man really wants a woman. Its best to go about his life and not make it a big priority. For some reason. The direct approch rarley works.