She is friends with my ex

Claire84

I met a woman 13 years ago through my ex as she was the girlfriend of my ex's best friend. We were good friends and then lost touch for a while until a few years ago.

This woman split with her ex 3 years ago as he would not marry or have children with her after 10 years yet he got married and had a child 18 months after they split.

Whenever I see this woman she always brings my ex up and her ex as she still lives in the past. She always says she wonders what my ex would say about the way she was treated by his mate.

Recently she has added my ex on social media. I think she is trying to get to her ex again by using my ex as a contact link. I felt sick as my ex has liked some of her photos and I want no contact with him. I also don't want her telling him my business.

She knew my ex and I split 7 years ago as he was physically and emotionally abusive to me so why become friends with him. I don't know if I can be friends with someone who thinks it is ok to talk to abusers and she still lives in the past.

She obviously contacted your ex to find out about her ex. Tell her under no circumstance is she to discuss you with your ex. Then stop talking to her.

So don't be friends with her.

Just fade away. You don't need to make an announcement or tell her why you're leaving. She's not going to change. Don't waste your breath.

I agree. She's not thinking about you. Why she'd still be chasing the ex when he's married now is odd. I hope she's not into your ex. But you know what, I assume you told her about him being abusive, so if she is into him, whatever.

But as said above, don't make a big thing out of it, just be busy when she contacts you and do NOT ever share any more personal info with her. Because she will trade it to him for info on her ex.