Is she a good friend?

daisy pooh

A few days ago my friend Stacy told me her husband's sister Maya was coming to town on Saturday if I wanted to hang out with them. I said yes. We also made plans for Sunday with another friend. I had seen Maya a few weeks earlier when I stepped in for Stacy who couldn't go to this theatre play Maya really wanted to go to, we clicked and I was happy to see her again.

On Saturday morning I get a text from Stacy: see you tomorrow? I was confused. I wrote back: don't you mean today?

She then said that Maya had invited my ex (they are kind of friends) to go to town with them that morning without letting her know and that I could still come but he would be there. (we were actually okay with each other at this stage)

I was confused. Why wouldn't she just write that instead of switching to our appointment the following day? Also, I could tell her enthusiasm for me going today had plummeted. I felt super rejected. So I told her no. She just wrote: great, see you tomorrow then!

About an hour later I get a message from Maya: hey, this is kind of a short notice but I am coming to town if you want to hang out with us.

It felt so insincere. And then Stacy messages me telling me Maya freaked out because she felt so bad for me and they shouldn't suffer because my boyfriend and I broke up. Like huh?? I was barely a part of this, I woke up that morning with the idea I was going to town with my friend and her sister-in-law.

This is not the first time I noticed my ex was chosen over me by my friend, I understand he is her husband's friend, but why should I care? I am her friend, her maid of honour. She continued to tell me she doesn't get fussy if I only make it once or twice a week for coffee. Like what? Sure, if you invite me for coffee every day, you will get rejected from time to time. Not sure what to think. I was fundamentally hurt because Stacy tried to play dumb by talking about Sunday, Maya not wanting me there even though she was so enthusiastic about me going to the play with her, the fact my ex who had treated me so poorly post/break up again got invited over me. Any advice? Am I being too sensitive? Thanks.