assertion

darkmoon

An ex-friend of mine, who I dumped after her verbal abuse (twice!) will be at a mutual friends birthday dinner outing in April. The ex-friend is/was a narcissist. I do not say this lightly, as I have looked into it.

My intuition tells me to say to her "you do my head in" which is no more than the truth. I know she will say the same thing back. I know her quite well. I do not care what she says, in fact I prefer that she does not like me any more. I also know that I must say "I am still annoyed with you, if you must know" As I said, I know her, and what is effective with her.

There is another restaurant event, a memorial birthday for friend who died. I grew out of trying so hard to please all comers a while back.

I text th ex with what I want say. Assertion. Short and sweet. None of it is great, as she was so toxic that I puked at the thought of her:sick:

She wanted to do a favour for my brother, and the thought of them both in my mind at once was just too much, yeah :sick:. More narcissism. We were never close friends in the first place, and nobody asked her to organize it. You can not be close to a narc, for there is no equality

She also organized my birthday. But badly. More narcissism. We were never close friends in the first place, and nobody asked her to organize it. You can not be close to a narc, for there is no equality.

I have no such. problem with other people. She will ask at the dinner why I texted her with my assertions, and I need to shrug and say "just living my life"assertion puts you in control

The April birthday is long way off, but dreading it

I was an abused child, so although I have learned to handle difficult people in a logical, no-bullying-allowed way, my mind is in turmoil

Edited by darkmoon