How do I tell my friend

butterfly5545

butterfly5545

How do I tell one of my friend's not to call me so much without hurting her feelings?She even texts me late at night while Im sleeping,I just sometimes like to be left alone and not talk on the phone.

Easy you text back the next morning and say "Please don't text me after (9.30pm), your texts are interrupting my sleep, Thank you." or if you're busy and she calls, just say "I'm in the middle of something can I call you back" or "I can't talk at the moment, can you call back tomorrow."

just block her and unblock her when you have time, she will just go to voicemail, so call her back when you have time

she will experience the block as your phone switched off, nothing offensive

or - turn off the beep of your texting so that you sleep thru, for blocked texts bounce back, which is offensive

Edited by darkmoon
Easy you text back the next morning and say "Please don't text me after (9.30pm), your texts are interrupting my sleep, Thank you." or if you're busy and she calls, just say "I'm in the middle of something can I call you back" or "I can't talk at the moment, can you call back tomorrow."

I second this.

If this person values you as a friend, they will respect your boundaries.

I was once in a similar position as you OP, and when I politely set up some boundaries with a friend since childhood. He didn't listen to my request, and I reminded him again, at which point that "friend" ended the friendship. And it was literally over the same small issue.

I agree with all of the above. It's not rude to ask someone to not contact after a certain hour.

If you don't want to have the conversation, just put set the 'do not disturb' setting on your phone. You can list breakthrough numbers for those who you are OK with ringing late. I've done this and only immediate family are on the breakthrough list.