Jealous of my friends?

penangtravel

I've been single a while, almost 3 years. I've tried the app and online dating and it's just not working.

Meanwhile my single friends and family are slowly meeting people. I feel like I'm sat watching helplessly. I actually don't know what to do about it. I'm so tired of online dating. I am not even sure about how to go about meeting anyone.

A friend of mine I've felt has recently met someone. She's now always busy. I returned home from traveling about 3 weeks ago. When I was away she text me about this guy she was seeing - worried it wasn't working out. I feel like that's the only reason she's texting me, to feel better about being single. I get back and she's made one attempt to try and meet up on her terms cos she's away. I text her again asking if she was free and surprise surprise she wasn't as she's away. Then she asked me about a guy I'd been seeing.

I felt like all she was interested in was whether or not I've finally met someone. And I was so pissed off because im more than just being in a relationship.i tried to explain it and she's got really mad. Saying yes she's met someone but doesn't mean she's happier, she was happy before she met him.

But I'm not happy. And I don't know what to do. Both my brother and sister are getting married this year, my long term single friends are slowly dispersing to babies and boyfriends and I feel lost and stuck. I don't know how to deal with this. Everyone just says oh you'll meet someone. But I feel like I don't even have friends. This weekend I literally had no one to do anything with.

Now I'm embarrassed to see my friends cos I have to admit I'm unhappy.

I don't think this even makes sense. I know I should be happy on my own before I meet someone but I have tried for so long.

If you're not happy and that's why, then yes, they'll pick on you. I was happy enough doing what I was doing, coupled up or not, and no one usually brought it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Focus on your passion and try to meet new people, but when you meet someone don't think it's candidate for a date. Just meet and know new people. Go out, dance, party, maybe some courses?