He says he wants a woman at his "Beck & call".. what do you all think?

MsHopeful0208201689

MsHopeful0208201689

I have been knowing this guy for 7 months. Within the month or so we were intimate once for the first time.... I have noticing a few red flags... however, one thing stood out to me...

We were in conversation & he said he wants a woman at his beck and call...

He also always has excuses for why he can't go out on the weekends, etc....

He will call all throughout the week but his attention is scarce on the weekend...

At this point I don't want to pursue a relationship with him & even pursuing pursuing a friendship may be a waste of time...

What do you all think from what I've told you about this man?

Do you really like him? And did you talk about this beck and call thing? Was he serious? What would that entail? Does he mean that he'd like to have a companion that is really there for him when he's feeling in need? Or does he really mean that he'd like his woman to jump at his slightest whim?

Id say figure out the beck and call thing, then figure out the weekends. Im a little surprised that weekends havent been hashed out by 7 months in, though.

• Author
MsHopeful0208201689
Do you really like him? And did you talk about this beck and call thing? Was he serious? What would that entail? Does he mean that he'd like to have a companion that is really there for him when he's feeling in need? Or does he really mean that he'd like his woman to jump at his slightest whim?

Id say figure out the beck and call thing, then figure out the weekends. Im a little surprised that weekends havent been hashed out by 7 months in, though.

Thanks for your response! Yes, I like him however I am at a point to where I am not too "hooked" to where I can keep my distance from him...

I met him in February but we statted talking a lot more end of May or June... he,claims to like me a lot but something is amiss... I'm just going to see how everything plays out but in the mean time I'm not going to put all of my eggs in one basket and keep my options open...

• Like 1

My guess is that he is married/in a relationship.

He needs a woman at his beck and call as he never knows when he can get away so needs her to be available and waiting for him.

He is never available at the weekends as he spends them with his wife/gf/family.

• Like 9

This guy isn't looking for a partner. He's looking for a servant, plus he doesn't sound fun at all, so no do not even keep him around as a friend. He would only block your romantic interests. He's obviously going to be a big pain in the rear.

• Like 3

ask for his address, it is quite usual to have a friend's, a single available guy would want you to visit, or find them in a crisis or at Christmas to send a card

no address = married, same with a landline phone number, mobiles are pricey compared to landlines, no landline = married too

beck and call, i think means he is not looking for a feminist

• Like 2

I think this guy likely just wants an easy side chick, little else. Or maybe a girl that's more submissive? It's hard to say. I'd say if your gut is feeling uneasy avoid this relationship.

IDK the idea that he wants someone at his beck and call is so much of a turn off honestly. Sounds like he wants a slave over a relationship. Tho as someone mentioned before, either he doesn't want to be off the market or he wants to cheat on whoever he is currently with.

• Like 1
My guess is that he is married/in a relationship.

He needs a woman at his beck and call as he never knows when he can get away so needs her to be available and waiting for him.

He is never available at the weekends as he spends them with his wife/gf/family.

Yep, this.

When you had sex with him did you go to HIS place?

Does he take you out during the week and pay for dates/dinner?

Have you confirmed he's actually single?