Guy friend thinks this person is sending me mixed messages?

maggiecheungs

I started working some place and was working under someone who I thought was attractive and also flirted with me quite a bit. I kind of tried to not take the flirting seriously, because something about it made it seem like I shouldn't take it seriously. I found myself asking several male friends about my co-workers behavior and they all agreed that he seemed "flirty with me, and was interested".

-He would touch my back when talking to me.

-Asked me what type of guys I was into

We talked a little bit on our shared ethnicity (both Chinese American), specifically both mixed race.

As a gesture of friendship, I gave him a book that I had that I thought he would be interested in. Inside the book I put a note with my number.

The last time I saw him was at a party and he got drunk and he came home with me (nothing happened). We talked even more that night and discovered we had other interesting things in common: we are both asexual, both like a weird music genre that is not very popular. He also would look out for me at the party.

I have not heard from him since, he moves away next week for school.

Last night at work a co-worker told me she was hanging out with him and several other co-workers and I felt a bit of anger because I felt left out and confirmation that he was ignoring me and not interested in having anything to do with me.

We also before I started working with him, had matched on tinder. He was the one who pointed it out. He asked me why I sent him messages even though he was leaving soon....which confuses me because why is he asking me this when other people clearly sent him messages to arrange a hangout time despite him leaving soon...

This reminded me of a high school experience where, I was interested in being friends with someone and for some reason they had no interest in being my friend at all, it almost seemed like "he had no room in his life for another friend", and I'm sort of getting the same thing with this guy too.

Is there something I should have done differently?