Is this wrong of my friend?

cheerloverxo

cheerloverxo

My friend told me that she doesn't want to be friends with me because she hears from other people that I sleep around with a lot of guys. And she told me that people are going to think that she's like that too if she's friends with me. She told me that she's not like that. She also told me to change my ways if she wants to continue being friends with me. I make the choice to sleep around with a lot of guys because I'm single and want to have fun and my friend needs to understand that. Why doesn't she want to be friends with me over this and is it wrong of her not want to be friends with me over this?

The question isn't whether she is right or wrong but rather why do you want to be friends with her? Assuming you aren't causing harm to anyone, she is judging you and pressuring you to change to stay friends. Why bother?

Its one thing to be concerned about a friends behaviour and approaching them about it and quite another to cut someone off because you don't approve. Who is she to approve your behaviour anyhow? Last I checked, people in friendships are different people so I don't understand why people would assume she behaves a certain way because you do.

At the end of the day, she is entitle to her thoughts, feelings and judgements. Doesn't mean you have to put up with it though. Be thankful she stopped your friendship, you don't need that kind of judgement and negativity in your life.

You've simply gone down different paths and it's time to just let her go. I mean, she sounds more like a jealous lover than a friend. It's either that or very self-righteous.

It's not right or wrong, we're all free to pick and choose our friends. She's decided not to be your friend anymore so simply accept that. It's doesn't mean you have to change yourself for anyone if they can't accept you for who you are but at the same time they don't have to accept anything they don't want to.

I agree she's not wrong. We are all free to choose our friends. Please do ask yourself why you want a friend who judges you harshly.