LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Ex's mother keeps texting me - can't make sense of my feelings about it

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2018, 11:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
lol wow! 3 months after the last one? Is she a drinker?

I miss my ex MIL but we are not in touch (except that one time she called me because she thought I called her and we spent two minutes of awkward small talk before we realized that neither one of us actually needed to talk to the other).

I'm friends on FB and Instagram with the mother of the last guy I dated. I really liked her too and she always comments on my photos of my dog because she really loved him and she misses him .

I think social media is a lot different than texting, though. What did her text today say?
Well I blocked him on FB a month or so ago. Her text just said "Hi Popsicle, are you still in the area?". Last we spoke I told her I will be moving. She and I are not friends on FB and no she's not a drinker.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 12:41 AM   #17
Established Member

My son dated someone for about 3 or 4 yrs. I liked her and came to know her family, all that. They were in their last year of high school when she and my son met, they went through a few years of college together, and now she's an attorney. I admire her a lot but she was far too driven for my son's taste and she didn't want kids. This was too much for my son. Then things turned ugly between them and they broke up. I admit that I miss her to some degree but my son has been dating someone for several years who's much more suited for him. I love her a lot. But I also liked the other girl. Her and her family are still on my facebook.

I think that sometimes when we make connections with people, it's not important how those connections happened. I keep a respectful distance with the ex and her family but I still like knowing what's going on with them. I'll always care about them.

I think a couple of things might be going on with your ex's mom. I think she hopes that you and her son will get back together, she really likes you, and she came to care about you. I think what's she's doing is somewhat inappropriate but I think if you decline every now and then, it'll eventually fizzle on its own.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 1:06 AM   #18

I donít know. Like Cautious said, social media is different than texting.

I have not responded.
Old 6th March 2018, 1:15 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
I donít know. Like Cautious said, social media is different than texting.

I have not responded.
Yeah. I was just rambling about how we sometimes get attached to people. But even in my situation, I cut ties with the ex. My son wouldn't have liked me being buddies with her and it would've felt disrespectful to him and his new gf.

I just think your ex's mom doesn't really get it, and probably has hopes that you'll get back together with her son.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 1:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post

I just think your ex's mom doesn't really get it, and probably has hopes that you'll get back together with her son.
See thatís the part that pisses me off with her. She puts the burden of that on me but wonít say a word to him?