Friend is annoyed

So I met a guy through this friend at a party of hers. He and she had been platonic friends for some years. He and I hit it off and started seeing each other. Then things went wrong and he and I had problems. I tried not to involve her too much. Her boyfriend also had issues with this guy for whatever reasons. So now he and she don't see as much of each other (because her boyfriend has an issue) and she has distanced herself from me. Presumably she blames my friendship with him for coming between her and him :love:. It was never my intention for that to happen, I honestly don't believe that is my fault. I'm not entirely sure men and women can be friends but her boyfriend obviously doesn't think they can be. I have tried messaging but don't get much communication. She has really cooled off me. We are not that close but it's a pity. Should I try to ring her about this? Or just leave things. I really feel that the attention from this guy is not on her so much and that is her main problem. It's more there issue than mine.

I'd leave them all alone. Her boyfriend had an issue with that guy and maybe he had an issue with you too and she is just trying to appease her boyfriend, so it's possible it's her bf and not her that's mad at you, but her distancing herself because of her bf. Or not. Anyway, don't go where you're not wanted. If she shows up later, then it will be her who owes you the explanation and then you can talk it out if necessary.

• Like 1

Give her some space & time. Next time you have a group event, include her but don't mention this. After you start to rebuild the friendship tell her that you are sorry if anything about your failed interaction with the guy screwed up her friendship with him. If she continues to blame you, then she wasn't much of a friend

• Like 2