Not sure

sweetgirl75

sweetgirl75

I had a friend who was living with this guy and she started getting really overly friendly with a guy at work then hanging out with. This went on several months. The guy she was living with was a heck of a guy. Took her kids in that she had from different men and raised them as his own and worked really hard. I never met him. She always said nothing would come between them but she was the one who was cheating on him. Now that she is with this other guy she is treating me very different. I know it is a fact of life. It just hurts. I am not hurting as much as her ex. I know that if I would have met her ex that it would be the right thing to say something about what I saw at work right or not get involved? My heart just feels so sad for him.

Mind your own business. Let them sort out their problems or end it. Your involvement would not be appreciated by either party.

• Like 1
doyathinkso

Put yourself in his shoes. If you were in a relationship and something just didn't feel right, wouldn't you very appreciative of someone letting you know just what the problem was?

People who stand around and say nothing are like those creeps who just pull out their cellphones to take movies of people injured in accidents and do nothing to help them. There are too many people like that around these days.

Hi OP: Sounds to me like your motive is perhaps to "get back," at her for suddenly treating you differently whereas previously you stayed quiet, right?

If that is the case then I suggest you take a step back and let them work out their issues. When motivation comes from a place of selfishness (in this case) the intent isn't to help your friend as much as it is to punish her.

• Author
sweetgirl75

Thank you all for responding. I can see where I am not minding my business and being hurt and maybe selfish. I'm not out to get back at her though. It is her life and I am not going to get involved. I appreciate your insight.