Tired of being bullied

the_lost_1

Apparently I just got a "yes?" text from a friend after saying hi and not sure why I got this and it's not the first time i've been told this. After being asked that, i asked her whats up, i joined fitness class etc and nothing from her

I'm not good for anyone ever apparently, might as well go end my life. No one wants to do anything with me

Edited by the_lost_1
Apparently I just got a "yes?" text from a friend after saying hi and not sure why I got this and it's not the first time i've been told this. After being asked that, i asked her whats up, i joined fitness class etc and nothing from her

I'm not good for anyone ever apparently, might as well go end my life. No one wants to do anything with me

This isn't bullying.

When you sent the first text, did you just write "hi" or did you write a longer text telling her why you were contacting her? I wonder if perhaps you wrote the former and her response was just her wanting to know the reason you were contacting her. It also appears that she doesn't view you as a close friend.

The girl who unfriended you on FB? Many of us cull our FB contacts regularly, so it could have been that. Or, were you messaging her and writing on her posts more than she would have liked?

I can only urge you yet again to seek professional help. Your problems are bigger than well meaning strangers on the internet can help with. I strongly suspect that there's a dx in here which is holding you back. At the very least, clinical depression. And don't go accusing me of saying that you're crazy. I have depression and take meds. I have a number of friends who have mental illness/depression/anxiety/autism spectrum disorders. My son takes psycotropic meds. They all use psychiatrists and/or psychologists. None of them is crazy. Nor am I and neither are you.

• Like 5

When you're unhappy all the time and feel everyone is at fault except yourself, then as Basil says, it is time to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. No one can MAKE you happy. You have some disorder or something making it hard for you to enjoy life at all and function in it very well. No one is responsible for your happiness except you and if you don't go get help and just keep complaining about it instead of taking action, no one will have any patience left for you.

If you would go see a psychiatrist, there is every chance that your whole outlook might change in a few weeks of treatment and medication. No, this does not mean it will make you into a chick magnet, but you just might not care as much as you'd be able to find joy in other aspects of life. Right now, you're your own worst enemy because you won't go fix yourself.

• Like 1

Also, instead of spending so much time trying to get people to talk to you online get a second job so you can afford the psychiatric therapy. You are too down and negative for anyone to want to listen to it online when they don't even know you or have any reason to get invested in your problems. I'm not saying you being down is your fault -- but if you don't go get psychiatric help for it, then it IS your fault for not dealing with it. Mental illness is a disease no different than any other. You shouldn't ignore it while waiting for a savior.

• Like 1

Stop interpreting what people are saying as "you need to be in a padded room."

There's no shame in having any of the disorders mentioned by the posters above. Your aggression toward them is unnecessary.

If you would like to just vent and don't want people to offer insights, then there is a journal function on the forum that might better suit you.

• Like 2
Apparently I just got a "yes?" text from a friend after saying hi and not sure why I got this and it's not the first time i've been told this.

And I met this another girl that I really liked who later unfriended me fb

You aren't being honest with those women.

• Like 1

I'm not mentally ill, can you guys stop it? Seriously.

the-lost-1

You made a suicide threat so people are recommending that you seek medical help rather than killing yourself.

If you are so depressed that you want to die, that is serious.

If you are simply throwing those words around please reconsider your language choices.

As to your post itself . . .yes? was her way of asking what you wanted to talk about. It certainly wasn't bullying. Perhaps she could have been softer in her response but when she got that text, you don't know what she was up to. Not every text merits a response.

• Like 1

Did you just text "hi"? I find that I dont text unless I have something specific to say or to ask. If a person is busy doing something, its impossible texting some meaningless conversation. Texting is not a substitute for actually talking to and seeing people.

As I understand it you are a male yet all the friends you post about having problems with appear to be female. Why is that? Do you have male friends?

I think you make these girls uncomfortable because they don't know what it is you are really after. Maybe you should take a break from trying to be friends with girls and instead work on forming some same sex friendships.

Try to work on your defensiveness. There is no shame in getting professional help. Getting help with depression is perfectly normal. Many years ago I had to get help for anxiety and panic. Lots of people here on LS have gotten help for mental or emotional issues at one time or another. It's no different than getting a bad tooth treated by a dentist, or a deep cut stitched up by a doctor.

Lastly when you want iniate a text conversation don't just say "hi" and nothing else. I know some people do that but a lot of people find it annoying. When I'm at work I have to communicate with my coworkers over messenger. Occasionally I receive a message from someone that starts the convo by just saying "hi" and nothing else. It annoys me so much, I look at it and think "well?" I can't type back "what do you want?" Because that sounds rude. So I have type back the same inane "hi". Occasionally I have also typed "yes?" If I iniate a convo over text with friends or messenger with coworker's I always include the gist of why I'm contacting in my first message.

• Like 2
I'm not mentally ill, can you guys stop it? Seriously.

They way you write about your feelings and relationship challenges indicates otherwise. People who don't have psychological issues don't talk about wanting to die. Nor are they sinking in a quagmire of depression and unable to connect with others.

Like it or not, while you continue writing the way you do, you're showing that you are struggling with significant emotional and/or interpersonal challenges.

And yeah, perhaps the way you talk is all exaggeration and you don't have significant emotional problems. In which case, I suggest you stop with the exaggeration of your feelings and I will stop suggesting you seek help.

• Like 3

:D:D As far as people on the boards suggesting you get help from a counselor, is just a suggestion as its "talk therapy". By you coming here to the boards, you are seeking advice, its a form of "therapy" for you and is a great indicator that you want/seek help.

Keep posting online to get others advice, it helps. Or, you can go to a live person with expertise that can offer you a third party non judgemental view, that is what therapy is.

The bottom line is you have to find a way to stop allowing others to define you. How old are you? I still struggle with this and am no means perfect, but I am in therapy now and has helped me about 99%.

My therapay has allowed me to view this behaviour (as i have been there myself), as a lesson about you..not them. Stop charging them with the crime of not validating you.

If you were to go outside and someone tells you the sky is purple are you REALLY going to get all hot and bothered because they refuse to say its blue? NO...BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IT. I am now understanding that the KEY to long term happiness starts from inside. I.N.S.I.D.E. Man, if we all worked on our own personal developent like we do on our looks/outside, we would be some seriously grounded folks.

CHEERS AND BLESS!!

• Like 1
  • Author

People give up on me all the time I'm tired of it I'm probably going to have to kill myself at some point but it is what it is

Threatening suicide repeatedly is not acceptable. If you are feeling suicidal, call a helpline or seek medical treatment. Otherwise, you need to stop with this attention seeking behavior.

The honest truth is, with the negative attitude that you display on this board, you will not find a girl who will want to date you. People want to date other people who make them feel good when they spend time together. People want to date others who are positive, optimistic, easy-going, fun, and have a sense of humor.

Get yourself some counselling, work on your social skills, and then try dating again. With your recent posts, you are not going to be very successful with dating until you have a better attitude.

• Like 2

OK, moderation, at least this moderator, does a routine search for 'suicide' and this thread came up and I took a look and am going to close this pending a more thorough examination. It appears the thread starter has begun a flurry of threads in the last month so I'll plow through them, try to put some order to things and consolidate similar topics.

In the meantime, if responding to other threads from the member, let's please refrain from armchair diagnosis and, whenever suicide talk is experienced, stop, take a breath and think before posting. Moderation, as a baseline, treats all members and their topics as valid and subject to our guidelines of discussion. We encourage a supportive and collaborative approach.

Thanks for reading.