Complicated Friendship

Hi all. I'm a single female, not in a relationship, but confused with my very good male friend. We have a complicated and sometimes confusing friendship. We did some intimate stuff. He gives me anything I want, I'd do anything for him. He's protective and watches out for me.

It got strange when he got a girlfriend. He's somewhat dominant and I'm ok with that. Well he constantly complained about her, said how jealous she was and she was abusive to him and his friends. He never had a nice word to say about her and would ask me if he should be with someone like her. She hated me and wanted him to get rid of me because he always defended me to her.

Anyway, she turned out to be a fatal attraction type of girl and wanted to hurt me.

So my good friend had to cut ties with me for awhile. But before he did, he found my pictures on a website and asked me to take them down, told me not to talk to anyone there, and then ultimately got me to close my profile. He told me not to unfriend him and not to delete my Facebook page because it would look like I was hiding something. Then, after I did all this, he told me I couldn't contact him for awhile because of this girl.

First of all, why would he do all that (if we were just friends)?

Well we are talking again. He had broken up with her. I recently lost my job and told him I got offered one out of state. He told me it wasn't a good idea to go there.

I am really confused by his words and actions. Half a dozen guys say he doesn't want to lose me but I just don't know.

Hi all. I'm a single female, not in a relationship, but confused with my very good male friend. We have a complicated and sometimes confusing friendship. We did some intimate stuff. He gives me anything I want, I'd do anything for him. He's protective and watches out for me.

It got strange when he got a girlfriend. He's somewhat dominant and I'm ok with that. Well he constantly complained about her, said how jealous she was and she was abusive to him and his friends. He never had a nice word to say about her and would ask me if he should be with someone like her. She hated me and wanted him to get rid of me because he always defended me to her.

Anyway, she turned out to be a fatal attraction type of girl and wanted to hurt me.

So my good friend had to cut ties with me for awhile. But before he did, he found my pictures on a website and asked me to take them down, told me not to talk to anyone there, and then ultimately got me to close my profile. He told me not to unfriend him and not to delete my Facebook page because it would look like I was hiding something. Then, after I did all this, he told me I couldn't contact him for awhile because of this girl.

First of all, why would he do all that (if we were just friends)?

Well we are talking again. He had broken up with her. I recently lost my job and told him I got offered one out of state. He told me it wasn't a good idea to go there.

I am really confused by his words and actions. Half a dozen guys say he doesn't want to lose me but I just don't know.

Quite simply, he doesn't want you - but he doesn't want anyone else to have you either. And him making you take down your images and website was a totally control freak move.

I also don't believe for one moment that his ex was crazy for no reason. Him telling you all the stuff about her was SO disrespectful towards her - he gave her very good reason to not trust what was going on between the two of you. My bet is that he was controlling towards her too. I'd love to hear her side of this story.

My question to you is: Why did you comply with his ridiculous demands about taking down your photos?

• Like 2
todreaminblue

hmmm...he reads as the person with major issues ......i hope you didnt comply with his unreasonable and strange demands..i dont feel your friendship is healthy at all ....with or without the girl involved...how do you know she wanted to hurt you he told you right?...deb

• Like 1