Why is she constantly teasing and even sometimes insulting me?

asantekozak

asantekozak

She's a friend of mine and a coworker and has a really playful character and is open and friendly to almost everyone. She used to say that I could really understand her about everything and how similar we were, even how much her mother liked me when she first met me and she even mentions this to other people, but wouldn't stop teasing me and quite often in an insulting way, mainly in front of others. Because of this, lately I tried to pay her less attention. Few weeks ago I got a little angry at her because she didn't want to come to a celebration I had with an excuse that she didn't have time, but I am sure she did and I have always made time for her, so eventually she decided to show up after noticing I acted little bit differently. From then on she constantly complains to everyone that I am ignoring her and comments every action I make and even started asking me if I had something with another girl, also our coworker, said she noticed something between us recently and complained why I haven't told her anything, she needed to know whether I like this girl or not, then that I should try to do something with the girl, but there is really nothing going on. I told her that we have never spoke about whether we like someone and who, to which she responded who could she like when she has a boyfriend. I said that I know and I wish her luck with him, in a playful way. Then she started asking why do I hate him, why haven't I liked pictures of her with him on Facebook etc. and that she hoped I would change when I hook up with this girl I have previously mentioned, though I have nothing against him which I made very clear. I really can't figure out why does she act this way, which is a little childish and immature and started to annoy me. I can't tell or ask her directly because I know she will get mad and confront me and say it's my fault, which I don't want to happen beacause I really like her.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

LastAcorn99

I would strongly suggest that you set healthy boundaries with your colleague, friend. I feel it’ll be best to keep your interactions with her to work related matters and keep outside socialization to minimal, considering she has a boyfriend. And, insults? -- why? Make new friends? All the best!

• Like 1

This sounds like Jr. high drama between immature 13 year olds.

-nasty comments

-nasty looks

-ignoring patterns

-'playful' teasing which isn't

-Facebook 'likes' drama

If she's that draining move on. No one forces you to be friends with people.

If you like the drama, then stay in the relationship, just don't pretend the looks, word games, ignoring and pouting cycles etc. are bothersome and draining.

• Like 1