why my friend is always critical of me ?

petergarida

petergarida

why my friend is always has something to say about the way I walk and he says I should walk like him because thats the right way and healthy way , when he dresses to the nine he starts picking on the the way I dress and how I should have style , when he is drunk he starts picking on me in front of others for being quiet ( it is just my nature) . just a note I am very good looking person so does this stem from jealousy or some people are just like that they like to criticize you ?

and how to tell him to stop this **it without appearing like I am offended or insecure ? I wanna teach him a lesson

unless he is an expert, then he just wants to feel big, better than you, he may be jealous too

lesson-teaching? play him at his own game, "you might look better with a beard" ... "why not grow your hair?" ... "some girls like hairy men, that might be where you are going wrong" ..."who do you think you are? James Bond?"

if he is jealous, then every day he spends seeing you get girls when he fails is lesson enough, in its own way

Tell him that though you regret having to bring it up to him, he should be aware that people who enjoy criticizing or bringing others down a peg usually have very low self-esteem and by "levelling" the person down to their level, they can feel superior for one short moment, but it doesn't stay, so they keep doing it to make themselves feel more worthy. It's not true, but tell him that everybody knows this so if he wants to keep embarrassing himself in front of others who see through him, then go right ahead, but that he's screaming to the world how little he feels when he tries to make himself look big by attacking others. And also, people who do this get the biggest reward by doing it to someone they actually admire, taking down a big fish, as it were, and making themselves believe they've got it over them for a minute. It gives them a fleeting boner to do it.

• Like 2

I agree that he is not your friend. However, if you want to continue with his company, next time he says something like that simply reply with "F off" in a dismissive voice.

• Like 2