picky freind

she decided to tell me that I was going on about something for too long when were were chatting, meh, nobody else says that to me, I have several freinds

this is not the first she has been like this - picky - so I see a pattern, she is a narcissist, who has failed relationships, one after the other, my point here is that a fair few people run off and leave her, not just me

I told her to talk to people who conversation she prefers, but as she is a narcissist, she will want to carry on the pickyness

we are both over fifty

So put a lot of distance in the friendship. You can still be polite & gracious when you see her in a group but there is no need to have continued one on one interactions with her.

• Like 1

Certainly there are better ways to handle it when someone goes on too long, which is fairly common. Like simply changing the subject. But it's possible she tried that and you missed it. Anyway, if you don't like talking to her, then don't.

I have a good friend whose memory is getting bad who actually steals my stories from long ago about music and repeats them back to me as hers. I call her on it, but I'm trying to be understanding since we are getting older. I still haven't figured out if she knows it's not her story or thinks it's something she read that's interesting and bears repeating...