Difficult situation with friend being

eyesonyou

I decided to move cities and had a friend who was willing to offer me a room at a reasonable rate. I had lots that had gone on in my life, and was looking for a career change as well as new city, so I eventually saved up 6 months living expenses and moved across the country. I figured if it didn't work out although I didn't want to, I could always move back with my parents to my hometown.

So I got to their place and was settling in and everything was fine. I started applying to lots of jobs in the field I want to work in, and my friend works in sales and kept bringing up how she thinks it would be great for me because she makes a ton of money. I have told her numerous times I am not interested in sales and I do not have the personality to do it.

She continuously brings it up on a daily basis, regardless of me telling her this, and it is starting to get very irritating. The other day I got an email from a company I have never heard of and didn't remember applying to, I then got a text from a lady asking if I wanted to set up an interview. In convo I said to my friend it was weird I got a text from a company I have never heard of, and she said "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I saw a job this morning for a company so I put it in your name, email, and number.

She also had a recruiter who was helping her reach out to me, and I told the recruiter I wasn't looking for sales. My friend had to turn down the position as it didn't pay enough as her last job (it was sales), and when this recruiter called her the other day she started saying to the recruiter that she had a friend who might be a good fit for the position, and she told her friend she needs to branch out and sales could be good etc, and even the recruiter said she didn't think I had the experience or was a good fit (probably because I told the recruiter I wasn't looking for sales and didn't have the personality for it).

So I guess I need advice from someone not in the situation. Am I being unreasonable? It is not like she gets a fee or anything to get an employee in sales, and I have told her I don't want to do it and she won't let it go. It is difficult because I live with her and I am not the kind of person who wants to fall out, but this is seriously too intrusive. It is relentless and I didn't appreciate her giving out my email, phone number and address to a job. I don't know why she won't just let it go.

She's just trying to help and assumes everyone wants to do what she's doing. Tell her you have some other irons in the fire and thank her for trying to help but that you think you have it under control.

So I guess I need advice from someone not in the situation. Am I being unreasonable? It is not like she gets a fee or anything to get an employee in sales, and I have told her I don't want to do it and she won't let it go. It is difficult because I live with her and I am not the kind of person who wants to fall out, but this is seriously too intrusive. It is relentless and I didn't appreciate her giving out my email, phone number and address to a job. I don't know why she won't just let it go.

maybe she's hoping if you get a job, any job, you will move out.

so get the job you want and move out.

or move now.

no friend, ever gives out you dets without getting your permission. it's just not done.

• Like 1