"thank you" gifts more like . . .

d0nnivain

I'm the last of a group of friends to have a milestone birthday.

The girls only had a trip last October & we all gave each other token gifts: socks, charm bracelets, hats, clips to hold beach towels on chairs.

Two couples are now coming with DH & I next month for my actually birthday trip. We're going to Hawaii for 2 weeks.

I'd like to get everyone a little something. . . a keepsake from the trip . . . but within the same bounds as last time around $10 each.

What can I get? Remember I also have to schlep this stuff 1/2 way around the world & suitcase space / weight is at a premium.

Little spray bottles of pure coconut oil. You can order from Target.com. I have the spray bottle of Renpure (about $8) and I got a big tub of Jason brand coconut oil but they have spray bottles too, about the same price, under $10. Will come in handy, though there you'd use with a sunscreen, but it's great for hair and skin. I conditioned my hair with it recently and it would need two shampoos to get out.

I'm the last of a group of friends to have a milestone birthday.

The girls only had a trip last October & we all gave each other token gifts: socks, charm bracelets, hats, clips to hold beach towels on chairs.

Two couples are now coming with DH & I next month for my actually birthday trip. We're going to Hawaii for 2 weeks.

I'd like to get everyone a little something. . . a keepsake from the trip . . . but within the same bounds as last time around $10 each.

What can I get? Remember I also have to schlep this stuff 1/2 way around the world & suitcase space / weight is at a premium.

Get tshirts made up before you go, with some saying or inside joke referring to where you're going.

• Like 1

Great idea! T-shirts or baseball caps.

Another option is to get something locally in Hawaii. That way you aren't sclepping eight of them there, and it's a keepsake of the location and celebration. Call and ask the hotel concierge where you'll be staying for ideas.

• Like 1
  • Author

We're not really t-shirt wearing people, especially not match-y ones. Nobody wears baseball hats either & the women already have these other beautiful hats from our October trip.

I kind of like the coconut oil idea but that's not lasting. Everyone will use the oil & then it will be gone.

I was kind of thinking about matching beach towels that I could have shipped to the hotel where we will be staying.

• Like 1