cut off best friend. Feel bad.

Glaxel

My best friend and I have been friends for 3 years. I love and care for her alot. We have always been there for each other and I really do value her. After awhile ive noticed she isnt a good person for me to be around right now. She is a very kind hearted and nice person but She doesn't do anything with her life except sit at home all day but she is trying to get her life together which I am too. After awhile I would notice we would get in situations together that can be avoided but can be controlled. I felt like we should go different paths for awhile. I told her I didnt want her gone forever because I love her and care for her but I wanted to do this for myself. I told her she is still welcomed to my house to her stuff to get in college. She took everything I said as me wanting nothing to do with her. I feel really bad I dont want to take back what I said but now I feel I made a mistake.I thought I was doing the right thing for myself. I tried texting her but she hasnt texted me back I dont know if she blocked me. She has an iphone and her imessage just turns green when I text her.

I'm not sure why you cut this friendship off. Perhaps you had good reason although I don't get it. However I'm also not understanding why you are texting her now. You told her that you wanted to take you're own path and she has honoured your request and left you alone. Now you honour what you said and leave her alone. You have a right to end a friendship or take a break from your friendship whenever you want to. That's a choice you get to make for yourself but you don't get to make choices for the other person. Your friend has a right to decide that she no longer wants to be friends with someone who thinks it's okay to ditch her for some indeterminate amount of time and then come back when they feel like it. What makes you think you are calling all the shots? You made your choice and your friend accepted your choice and then made her own choice.

You decided you wanted to put your friendship on hold because you were moving in different directions, now it is done so go with it. Leave her alone or she will think you are playing games and that's not fair. You got what you wanted so go with it.

My best friend and I have been friends for 3 years. I love and care for her alot. We have always been there for each other and I really do value her. After awhile ive noticed she isnt a good person for me to be around right now. She is a very kind hearted and nice person but She doesn't do anything with her life except sit at home all day but she is trying to get her life together which I am too. After awhile I would notice we would get in situations together that can be avoided but can be controlled. I felt like we should go different paths for awhile. I told her I didnt want her gone forever because I love her and care for her but I wanted to do this for myself. I told her she is still welcomed to my house to her stuff to get in college. She took everything I said as me wanting nothing to do with her. I feel really bad I dont want to take back what I said but now I feel I made a mistake.I thought I was doing the right thing for myself. I tried texting her but she hasnt texted me back I dont know if she blocked me. She has an iphone and her imessage just turns green when I text her.

I am sorry your having to go through this. It isn't easy to let go of people we care about even if it is a necessary thing to do. Give her some time, I think moving forward with your plan is a good idea. Just try to work on yourself and your stuff. Good luck.

I guess the better way to go about it would have been to just started doing things without her, but I get if you were close, she'd have noticed right away, so maybe this was the only way. Tell her it's not so much about her as about YOU, that YOU need to focus on making a life plan and reaching your goals, and spend less time hanging out aimlessly.