Guys and girls, what do you think of guys that hang out with all girls?

xxgreen20

There is one guy at my college that hangs out with entirely girls, and it honestly annoys me as an outsider. I have never once seen him hang out with a guy, and it's always the same 5 or 6 girls from his floor. They are best of friends. I know these girls fairly well as acquaintances, and every time I've hung out with them, they're always saying, "John, you're such a good guy and a wonderful friend." He does basic things to take care of them like all decently nice guys do, yet he is revered as a saint basically, and other guys who do the same things as him go completely unnoticed. I am just as nice as him and do the same things for girls that he does, yet they just thank me and that's it. This guy's friends absolutely adore him, and I never understood why a guy needs that much attention from several girls when he's not in a relationship. He is not gay as far as I know, and I personally am not a player who wants attention from several girls, so I just don't understand why he's seen as such a wonderful human being, and so many other guys on campus are just as protective of their female friends and receive less than half the gratification he does.

I don't mean to be snide or a jerk, but does it really matter? So he's liked by them and hangs out with them all the time. It sounds like he is being nice to them giving them attention and they seem to like that.

I wouldn't think anything of it, and while gay guys do tend to have a lot of female friends, it doesn't necessarily mean he is gay.

If he is straight he could be just enjoying the friendship of a group of girls or he could be eying one of them and looking to make a move.

I personally wouldn't be bothered with it, if you are an outsider and want to befriend or have interest in any of these girls, just put yourself out there and try to make plans with the one you have interest in or just as friends.

Maybe he likes having female friends?

I have known a few guys who have more female than male friends. I am a female and I have more male than female friends.

I really don't get this "I am a nice guy and I do things for them" attitude. What is it that you are doing that you think you should be getting friendship/ attention for?

For example I can think of this one guy, he has tons of friends, including female friends. I have been a platonic friend of him for over 20 years now....

He doesn't get female friends because he "does things" for them. He gets them because:

He is FUNNY. Make you piss your pants funny.

He is entertaining, he knows how to talk to a crowd and throw a party, people love that stuff.

He is SMART, street smart + multiple advanced degrees from Ivy league school type of smart. He knows how to hold an engaging conversation on multiple topics.

He is genuine. He isn't a "nice guy" he will give you a good ribbing, or call you out on your crap. He will also harass you to get up early and join him on whatever charity / volunteer work he has planned.

And you know what else? He won't try to get in your pants. He doesn't do it all for female attention, but females do flock to him.

You sound jealous of this guy... maybe study him more and find out what sets him apart.

• Like 2

My experience with those guys after college is they regret being friend zoned by all those women.

DrReplyInRhymes

Sometimes, you may have to befriend a girl who is attractive, but you're not interested in, to get to the girl who is unattractive, but beautiful within...

i bet he's not having any sex

Would not be sure of that.

my own experience is all you gotta do is get with one woman in the group and be good in bed and the rest want a piece.

it's like a competition or something.

the only other option is he really is gay.

women don't usually respect the guy who is a doormat and does stuff for them in order to gain favor.

• Like 2

I think we can rule out "does things for them" as the reason they like him so much. Is it so hard to believe they might like him because of who he is as a person? Maybe he's really charming or funny. Maybe he has lots of sisters and just understands women really well. Since you're acquainted with these women, try to casually ask them why they like him so much next the chance you get.

I'm a gay dude but have lots of straight male friends.

I'm trying to think of any of them who hang out with lots of women like buddies? (one of the girls) Oh there is one but if you ask me he is closet gay? ;)

He's probably attractive to them and he is probably getting laid. Other men may be jealous of him like you are, so he befriends women mostly. I know more women like this than men and they are invariably accepted by men but women are either jealous of them OR they can see through them, and that could also be the case here, certainly. Also it could mean that they are disloyal to same-sex friends and steal their women or men so can't keep a friend.