Friendless

utterlyheartbroken

utterlyheartbroken

I have two long distance friends that I grew up with in North Carolina and one friend here in Indiana and that's it. I have no friends much and I would like to gain more friendships but I don't know how to and don't know who to trust? Is there anyone else out there like me that has this same problem if so please reply back and if you want to get to know me and possibly become my friend PM me and let me know. Thanks.

You just have to put yourself in more social situations and be open to meeting new people, willing to start conversations with everyone.

Based on your sig, I gather that you are religious. Do you go to church? Do you work with other people who you can become friends with?

Other ideas-community college classes, volunteer, sports leagues, etc.

Just get out there and don't be shy, and you will meet people. Best of luck.

UtterlyHeartBroken,

How old are you? I ask because some people find it more difficult to make friends in school. There are a lot of social pressures that dissappear when you get older. If you are in school try to get involved with something that you like, maybe sports, drama or whatever your school offers.

If you are out of school I suspect you are just shy or don't handle rejection well. Try to like yourself if you want other people to like you. Tell yourself your worth a lot and would make a great friend and great friends will come. I would suggest the same thing, get involved in outside activities like church, sports or whatever may interest you.

Another question I have is if you aren't in school what type of work do you do? Are you self employed where it is hard to meet others or you work long hours or do you work at a large company where you can network socially and get along with others?