Friends not interested, feel so lonely.

Kayley

I'm really struggling right now.

I'm a month out of a very intense short term relationship. While only short term it was my first relationship in a while and I'm struggling to recover from it. It's not helped by the fact that none of my friends are here.

Twice I've had plans with them only to have them cancel...

Countless texts have been ignored & other friends just never make any effort unless it comes from me.

It makes no sense because just a month ago my friends were all around. My relationship ends and it seems friendships do too.

I've never felt so alone.

I'm a month out of a very intense short term relationship. While only short term it was my first relationship in a while and I'm struggling to recover from it. It's not helped by the fact that none of my friends are here.

Countless texts have been ignored & other friends just never make any effort unless it comes from me.

It makes no sense because just a month ago my friends were all around. My relationship ends and it seems friendships do too.

when you are alone, it is your duty to be in good company.

make sure you don't get "caught out". which means, find things to do. even if it's only going thru your underwear/sock drawer or organizing your medicine cabinet.

and remember, some of the time when people don't respond to your texts, it's not about you. sometimes, you just have to wait for the universe to "click over" to a new cycle.

keep your head up.

look after yourself.

hang in there till things change. and they will.

if you believe in astrology or tarot, go get a reading.

if not, and you believe in god, go over to his house and check in with him.

oh, and, call your mother.

• Author

Yup, I've been doing as much as I possibly can to keep myself busy but it's this nagging feeling that just keeps creeping into my head and it's horrible. I don't know how I've gone from having so much going for me to feeling this...nothing.

Had a tarot reading a few weeks ago. Felt better for about a day.

Been doing lots of calling & visiting my mother!

Have you considered joining a club? You'd meet new people and it'd take your mind off things. Just pick something that interests you.

Need to ask, while you were in this intense relationship, were you focused only on the guy or were you still talking/texting and seeing your friends? If not, then maybe that's why they're giving you the cold shoulder? If that isn't the case, then you need to find a new set of friends who understand the gift of giving and not just taking. Friends who will support you through your down and tough times, not ignore you and make you feel bad.

Sorry that you're hurting.

• Like 1
  • Author

No I still spoke to and saw my friends while we were together. I've had a lot of friends disappear when they get boyfriends and I've always said I'll never be that person.

One friend I was actually away for a few days with when we broke up. I still saw just as much of them & spoke to them often those few months. I think that's what makes it hurt more that they aren't here. If I had done that then I'd understand them being this way.

One friend I've been there for her through so much and I feel like when the tables are turned she's just gone :(

I'm at a point now where I don't know if I'm hurting because he's gone or because they're gone.

If you are persistent about only wanting to talk about the breakup and not wanting to forget about it and do something fun, that can run off a certain amount of friends who just want to have fun and don't want to be your counselor. Now, it's always nice to have both type friends, I think, someone who will let you cry on their shoulder and ones who just want to have fun.

• Like 1
  • Author

I haven't even seen my 2 closest friends since the break up. I texted them both the day it happened to tell them, one I have only had that conversation with. The other we've exchanged a couple of texts where it's been discussed but we haven't properly talked about it.

Had plans with one of them again tonight & she's ignored my texts again.

It sucks because if one of them needed me right now, I'd be there in a heartbeat.