Passive Aggressive Friend blow up

CheerfullIrish

CheerfullIrish

So today my friend( ill refer to as T ) of 2 years blew up at me for no reason And ended our friendship blaming me

I hadn't spoken to this friend in roughly 2 weeks. I keep in contact but not as regular as every week. I messaged him yesterday a picture and then used it to go onto over topics, asking how things were going etc. Today i asked a friend in a group chat with T, how things were going. T then posted about a girl and i gave an opinion. It wasn't rude , he was ending it due to her not liking something irrelevant and i said that was a bit harsh and she could be nice.

He then blew up at me because i didn't tell him about a private event a while back. I tried to explain that i like to keep things private and that i dont like discussing every little thing with them. He always goes on about past relationships he has been in and how the others have wronged him. I tried to say that it was his choice to discuss these things but he starting acting aggressive saying how thats what friends do. He then proceeded to go on a rant about how he always has to listen to my **** and that i always complain ( i admit i complain but no where near as much as him)

I said to him that i was going through a tough time ( didnt say what but 3 family deaths in 3 weeks) And that i dropped contact with alot of my friends during a period of time.

He then goes on about how i told another person i found him arrogant. This was over a year ago. I said it because he used to hide my personal belongings and call me gay ( im not) all the time even when i asked him to stop. He went on and on about this is what friends do and then said that He is sick of me treating him like his ex did and that he doesnt want to be my friend because i needed an ice breaker to talk to him. He goes on about me having double standards but ive seen that it is him that does.

I havent responded to alot of these messages (seeing them as they were notified on my phone ) And i dont know how to. He always victimizes himself and gets aggressive over the slightest thing ( one time over Taylor Swift ) He always thinks he is right and never backs down.

I've moved class in college due to repeating and will end up with people who may know him and in some of the same lectures. He has lost most of his friends due to his behavior. I always end up having arguments with him and have thought of walking away multiple times but go back as i know he hasn't many friends left.

i dont want to be friends with him anymore but i dont want him bad mouthing me to people i want to be friends with in my new class.

Do i ignore the messages and just end it cold turkey ? I have no idea how to respond to these messages without giving him what he wants (a fight) He seems to always want to argue. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. His last message said "so go run" so is that incentive to just stop. I dont want him thinking he has won like he does with everyone else.

You could respond to it and tell him just what you've said here "I said you were arrogant because you kept saying I was gay even though I asked you to stop." And then you could block him.

Do NOT worry about what he tells other people. Anyone who knows him well or knows you well will know he's the one telling tales and spreading nonsense.