She broke up with me but left her stuff here

UndeadSavage1994

UndeadSavage1994

So my girlfriend of 13 months just broke up with me about a week ago and yet she left quite a bit of her belongings here at my house. I've asked when she is planning on picking them up but claims she is too busy although I know she's not that busy since we were together for so long and I know what her schedule's like. I still love this girl and want to work things out but I'm confused because she told me several days before officially leaving me that she was contemplating a break up so it's bewildering why she didn't take her stuff with her if she was planning it out for several days. This is a girl who has gone through a lot of sexual abuse through out her life. Her major reasoning for breaking up with me is because after her separate rape incident 8 months ago, she blamed me saying it was all my fault which prompted me to defend myself and says she will always resent me for my reaction to her blame. It was mean, but I told her "I'm sorry but that's what happens when you get into a strangers car." She acknowledges now that it was her own decision but she's mad I didn't disregard her using me as a scapegoat and comport her more properly. It's just very hard to comfort someone when they're yelling and blaming you the entire time. I posted about the rape in a separate thread but what I'm really asking here is why do you guys think she left her stuff here? It's been about a week since the break up (4 days of no contact) and she refuses to tell me when she plans on getting her stuff. I love this girl regardless of the problems we've had and just wanna do my best to become happy with her again.

Edited by UndeadSavage1994
Forgot some details

First, I don't understand how she could blame you for her rape (if that's what it was). She's clearly just using you as a punching bag. Ignore that.

Second, the solution is really simple. Text her and say she has two days to come and pick up her stuff (or send you her new address and provide postal money) or you're going to throw it out. It's been a week already, and where I live, landlords give you five days. :D

She's leaving her foot in the door in case she changes her mind. If she doesn't come get her stuff within a couple of weeks, mail it to her parents' home or wherever you think she is.