Help with a friend that gets way to involved in my relationship!

RoxStar

Hi all. I havent posted in a while and this is actually the first post to this board for me. I have a friend problem. I have this friend that is terribly meddling in my life. I hesitate to honestly call her a friend anymore. We have been friends for 10 years... I was in her wedding and then a few years ago I started having a relationship with a friend of her husbands (he is usually the topic of my other posts)... Well during the course of my situation with him she also became friends with him. She and her husband have an odd relationship but she treats my guy like its her boyfriend or her husband half the time and it really pisses me off. She buys him crap all the time. Calls him all day long while she is at work. She used to try and get him to go out to dinner with her too! I have had so many battles with this woman and have told her to just but out of my relationship and still she meddles... Sunday she calls up my beau and tells him that I called her husband. Which I did do. But I called him to look at my car! It seems like she was trying to start something between he and I first off but secondly - she calls my guy all the time and why am I not allowed to call a friend to look at my car????????????? DOUBLE STANDARD. My guy cant stand her half the time but she calls and calls and when my guy trys to go out with her husband for a guys night she always insists in tagging along. It has even seemed to make her husband resentful towards her because she cant even let them go out alone to watch the game. I just dont get it. I guess for some reason today I am more annoyed by it. She hasnt done anything to me today or since Sunday really but its just really frustrating. What do I do? Tell her I dont want to be her friend? Tell her to butt out of my relationship doesnt work because she doesnt know how to do that. HELP!

Just stop answering her calls, distance yourself from her all together, (even though you shouldn't have to do this.........) when they go out and *she* wants to tag along, be there too. :rolleyes:;)

Tell your guy that her constant attempts to contact him make you uncomfortable with *her* and her intentions towards him. I think honesty is the best policy in this case with him, with her...I think it's in some women's nature to feel the need to "compete" for attention from *every* male in her life no matter *who* it is, so speaking to her probably wouldn't do anything but aggravate the situation!