yet another friendship/roommate siutation...ready to scream

GirlDown

there are 3 of us, myself, my best friend, and her sister living in a house. we are all moving out and getting our own places.

i don't know what to do...or, rather, how to go about what i need to do...

we were supposed to extend our lease one more month til the end of april (our lease is up at the end of march, but our landlord is nice enough to go month to month if we request).

my last day of school is april 29th. i prefered to not have to move mid-semester, and when we talked about what we were doing, we ALL agreed to extend it one more month so we would have more time to look for places, and then i could wait until after school was over to take the time to look around.

however, now the sister/roommate found a townhouse that is being "counteroffered" upon (if that part is even true) and wants to take it and leave by april 1st. she talked to her sister first (our other roommate) and she said it's fine with her, and that her sister should talk to me about it. ( i don't know if she is partial to either side, i haven't talked to her yet). it did seem like it was decided before i was even asked though.

so when i say " we had an agreement, and dropping a bomb on me like this is a huge pain in my ass" she says "well, maybe you can try...i don't know how it would be any harder to move now then if you weren't in school" and basically trying to convince me to do what she wants. for example, saying "use your spring break to move"...as if i need her reasoning on how easy my life is.

then she says "well obviously you have the option to stay here for another month as we planned, but i can't pay for it while i am paying for my house, and if my sister does decide to leave, it'll be just you paying for it."

WHAT!?

so, basically, it's that she gets her way, completely screws me over, and i am expected to just sit back and let her break the agreement we all made more than 4 months ago, and then again less than 2 months ago.

she did all this without warning.

this gives me a month and half to locate a place, get my application accepted--which is not easy around here, and move in all while trying to maintain sanity at school until the end of the semester.

this is exactly what i was trying to avoid.

because she cornered me (while i was dripping wet and in my towel) to hurry the conversation up and to stop listening to her ideas of what i could do to help her, i told her maybe we could try to work something out, and i would see if i could swing it. i can't swing it, and not only that, i'm not willing to, just so she can have everything she wants perfectly in line for her while i am left without any other options other than to say "sure go right ahead, i'll pay $1100 a month by myself, while you dance off into the sunset, i don't mind."

how do i go about saying all this without sounding like a complete beyotch and risking a really good friendship with my best friend that i've had for five years...

if this was just a roommate, it wouldn't be that hard to just say what i need to say. it's the fact that it's my friend and her freaking sister--and how can i be like "you're sister is causing a lot of problems for me right now, and we need to deal with it in a way that's fair to all of us."

i am about to flip out, and i don't need this stress right now at all.

ugh, please help me. someone save me...

otherwise, i may just go to jail

• Author

oops...i would have edited this but my time was up...

my other gripe is i feel like they are avoiding me...and why should this be when i didn't do anything to piss anyone off?

usually my roommate comes home during the day, and she hasn't been home at all and she didn't answer my message that we all need to sit down and talk about our lease situtation...

maybe it's nothing, maybe i'm super-annoyed and my senses are heightened...

this isn't my fault that our agreement is not being honoured!!!!!!!!!

auuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

i seriously want to tear my own hair out.

there has to be some sort of a compromise...

Tell her that if she can find someone to pay her part of the rent for April, then by all means, she can move out :)

Next time, get it in writing ;)

Another option, your landlord sounds nice, maybe she could afford to give you April less her part of the rent ;)

OR, tell her that since she is breaking the promise, that it would be nice if she would move all of your stuff to her new place, and you can crash at her new pad while you look for a house :D

• Author
Originally posted by Monday

Tell her that if she can find someone to pay her part of the rent for April, then by all means, she can move out :)

Next time, get it in writing ;)

Another option, your landlord sounds nice, maybe she could afford to give you April less her part of the rent ;)

OR, tell her that since she is breaking the promise, that it would be nice if she would move all of your stuff to her new place, and you can crash at her new pad while you look for a house :D

hahaha, miraculously, the roommate who is causing the problems is the only one i am speaking to right now...

we all talked about it and tried to come to an agreement that would benefit all of us, and it blew up in my face, even though and i'm the one being screwed i was trying to think of ways that we could deal with it and not have such unpleasantness. oh well.

my roommate/best friend decided to act like an a**h*** and she doesn't know what she's talking about (she has a tendency to overreact and not think before she talks) and this is making for a very unhappy situation. if she had paid any attention she would have realized that what i was saying is that the sister is the problem, not her, and that instead of pointing fingers i was trying to be fair. blah, i don't even care anymore

i decided to say ***** it and move in april.

it will be a giant pain in the ass and it will be better to get away from it all....

time to move on to new and better things!!!

thanks for the advice. :D