he draws cartoons who smoke, are high,??

natashalove

I have a 23 year old friend who is basically living every guy's dream life. He is extremely wealthy, has gorgeous looks, female attention, basically everything. Yet when I visited his new home, he had painted a signpost outside the front door which read F**k this life".

I never understood this. He never told me either. He is a pretty low key person and says he struggles with this lifestyle but at 23, when he has everything in life, he feels this way.

The girls who want him, either get into bed with him or seek the benefits they can get through him.

He smokes a lot and drinks a lot as well. Has a bar in his home. Some people say he does drugs as well though I never felt that way.

But anyways, he is still living the dream. Yet why such a weird message outside his home? Is he unhappy?

You should ask him. How can we know?

People seem to think that money can take all your issues and childhood trauma away and so on,

Rich or not you have to deal with your issues either way.

If you dont they will deal with you.

If you have money you can get certain type of help easily and faster.

But it still only possible if you do want it yourself.

Also people see celebratys and want to be like them,

But forget that this is all for the show on tv. And this people are humans just as anyone else and have issues.

They try not to let it come out in the media cause that will damage their image.

Such a fantasy thinking.

And once things leak out it horible stuff. Heavy diseases, very heavy domestic violance to their wives, not paying child support, every kind of molesters. and so on.

Thats why we should not envy others and be happy with our own lives and work hard for our own stuff.

If you think you and this guy are real friends, have a nice chill conversation with him at the pool or so.

And if he open up to you be there for him and advice him to get help.

Money cant buy sleep, happiness, love, peace etc. So having money doesnt mean you automatically happy person.

• Like 1

It sounds like he's very unhappy & doing a lot to mask the pain (drinking & drugs). He's probably painfully lonely because people only want him for superficial reasons -- his looks & money. I suspect he feels terribly misunderstood.

Try talking to him but don't mention that you think he has it all because I think he's struggling & if that's true, any failure to acknowledge that his pain feels real to him will push you two farther apart.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

I agree with d0nivain. He sounds painfully sad and lonely. People who live large and flaunt it often are masking a much deeper issue that forces them to "pretend" that their lives are perfect. The reality is it's far from it. On the surface it appears they have it all but the truth is they're not happy with very much about their life. It's all a show. Smoke and mirrors.

Pain manifests in strange ways.

Many ppl, not all, tend to be materialistic minded and believe that monetary wealth cures all whoas. Money certainly allows an individual to obtain big houses, nice cars, designer clothes, etc. However, if said wealthy individual is lonely bc the opportunities afforded to them brought about shallow ppl who feigned innocences and friendship for selfish gainful purpose, then ppl who are genuine in their offer of friendship are often kept at arm's length as well bc of the uncertainty of true motives.

As suggested, if you are friends with this person, why not ask about the message on the post? It's there for a reason and unless you are blind, he knows you have seen it. IMO, smoking, drinking, and possibly drugs are vices he uses to "escape and cope" with the inner turmoil ppl don't see.

Money and happiness are unrelated.

Good looks and happiness are unrelated.

It's sad how many people don't understand these simple truths.

I have a 23 year old friend who is basically living every guy's dream life. He is extremely wealthy, has gorgeous looks, female attention, basically everything. Yet when I visited his new home, he had painted a signpost outside the front door which read F**k this life".

I never understood this. He never told me either. He is a pretty low key person and says he struggles with this lifestyle but at 23, when he has everything in life, he feels this way.

The girls who want him, either get into bed with him or seek the benefits they can get through him.

He smokes a lot and drinks a lot as well. Has a bar in his home. Some people say he does drugs as well though I never felt that way.

But anyways, he is still living the dream. Yet why such a weird message outside his home? Is he unhappy?

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

If he's only 23, then he doesn't "have it all"...

I don't care how much money he has(was it earned?...kinda doubt that),,and how much female attention he gets, he hasn't live long enough to make that claim..

Problems are for everyone....As a matter of fact, Id argue that the "regular folk" are way more likely to "have it all"....They have realistic expectations and are less inclined to go to extremes....

I am a perfectionist and have had success in all the areas mentioned in the OP..Just by that virtue alone though, it also means Id probably never be really 100% happy or satisfied with this life..

TFY

• Like 1

You didn't say if he earned his own money or inherited it. If he never had to work to achieve anything and got it all given to him, then he hasn't had a way to build his own self-esteem. Self-esteem doesn't come from people just giving you everything. It comes from you knowing that you earned and accomplished things yourself.

Even if he has earned his lifestyle, which seems doubtful at 23 unless he's a rock star, once you are either rich or famous, you do become surrounded with mostly people hoping to profit some way from being around you and unless you're a person with a lot of insight, it is hard to filter all those out. So when you hear the expression "lonely at the top," it has a ring of truth.

• Like 3
  • Author

This is about the same guy friend I asked you all, a couple of days ago

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/platonic/friendship/561368-he-rich-gorgeous-looks-well-known-has-all-yet

Lately I have noticed some weird things in his behavior and health.

He fell sick and had a cold and high fever. But there was something strange about his illness.

He has always been skinny but suddenly he lost a lot of weight.

Since the last few months, he had been losing weight rapidly until he reached a point where he was stick thin. And he wasn't sick those times.

The weight reduction was so obvious so that he had a really gaunt appearance.

He's a person of color, has light olive tinned skinshade but when he was sick, his face had turned white and he was pale. He was doing his professional work during the period he was sick so it definitely wasn't a severe illness like typhoid or malaria. It was more if the high fever and such yet the look he had was scary.

He also has strange red cuts and marks on his wrists sometimes. Those marks resemble the bruises left by drug injections. I am not sure if it is what I am thinking but when I googled the marks left by drug injections, his bruises were a lot similar to the marks in the pictures.

I hate to say it but he has had drug allegations in the past and when he was asker about it, he just said he's upset on hearing how he's being accused of being a drug addict but didn't deny that he doesn't do them

He's alcoholic. Drinks a lot. And was caught smoking weed.

Lately, he has been resting at home and eating well so he has gained weight and looks healthier but there's something not right about him.

What could be the reason? Do you think he does drugs and his substance abuse is leading to health issues?

by the way he's 23.

He may be HIV positive and not taking his prescribed meds correctly.... This is sheer guesswork though because an online diagnosis (even a guess) by non-qualified members on a discussion forum is hardly the place to be talking about this...

Mad as it seems, have you tried talking to him about your concerns? I know talking seems unfashionable, but people have been doing so for millemnnia. It's called communication.... :rolleyes:

If you care about him, show it.

• Like 1

Agree with Tara. How are strangers on an Internet forum going to be able to diagnose your friend based on the info you have given. He doesn't seem to be a very close friend as you don't appear to know much about him. If you care about him you should talk to him about it.

• Like 1
  • Author

UPDATED

I have a 23 year old friend who is basically living every guy's dream life. He is extremely wealthy, has gorgeous looks, female attention, basically everything. Yet when I visited his new home, he had painted a signpost outside the front door which read "F**K this life".

He smokes a lot and drinks a lot as well. Has a bar in his home. he has had drug allegations in the past and when he was asker about it, he just said he's upset on hearing how he's being accused of being a drug addict but didn't deny that he doesn't do them

He's alcoholic. Drinks a lot. And was caught smoking weed.

He also has strange red cuts and marks on his wrists sometimes, and these bruises resemble the marks left by drug injections.

He fell sick and had a cold and high fever. But there was something strange about his illness.

He has always been skinny but suddenly he lost a lot of weight.

Since the last few months, he had been losing weight rapidly until he reached a point where he was stick thin. And he wasn't sick those times.

The weight reduction was so obvious so that he had a really gaunt appearance.

He can draw well and we found some drawings by him in which most of the cartoons which he drew, were smoking joints and he had written "zoot" which is a slang word for high. This was a little disturbing.

What is the matter? The drawing part is pretty disturbing

If this is a friend of yours then why can't you just ask him? Again how are a bunch of strangers on a forum supposed to know more than you know about the life of your friend? I don't find his drawing pictures of a character smoking a joint very disturbing. I find it disturbing that you feel like you can snoop so much into this guys life yet you don't feel like you can talk to him. If this isn't a close friend of yours, maybe you need to stop being so nosy.

• Like 1
FeelingFireworks

I find it strange you copy/pasted this mans trouble over and over yet you don't even talk as though you know him all that well or acknowledge any of the advice given. It's like you're acquaintances via a 3rd party and trying to make it out as if your bond is way more than it is.

If I'm honest, your posts sound like that of a speculator/spectator/groupie trying to figure him out to get into his inner circle, than that of a truly concerned friend.

• Like 1