Online Miscommunication

There is a reason why its always better to speak to someone before meeting them.

This guy and I met on couch surfing. We message each other back and forth, recently me advising him on learning to code.

Anyway, I get this most random message.

. In the next weeks, it can be in a few days or in 3 weeks, i will probably come to Toronto. I have some severe problems with my ex and need to try to fix things and talk to her. But my problem is that she does not even message me anymore and nothing. So i have no idea whyt to expect there. My biggest fear is that she has a new bf and will just let me down then when i am there. So my question is: would you have some time for me? Maybe go for lunch/dinner, or just go out. Would you even be able to host me or do you know people who are? I am just very worried about how i would feel if she really lets me down. I will be so lonely and devastated then and would need help. Do you think you would be able to help me?

Not only it's almost 5am here and I'm.also pretty buzzed, exhausted and wired.

I asked for us to speak on Skype. It sounds like he needs a friend to talk to.

Ofc the excuse is "the internet is not very good here".

Do you think I randomly replied something helpful and normmal?

What? It seems like you need a friend to chat to. This is a very random message you have sent to me.

I don't think u should fly across the world, if someone considers you a maybe in their life.

Just to be clear, I have zero interest in this guy.

Then I say this

I'm sorry, I'm not going to be a rebound.

+$ I have no idea wtf I was thinking.

So thstnisnthat LOL wtf.

DO NOT meet up with this guy. And do NOT allow him to stay with you. Make it clear to him that you are NOT interested in him and was just offering a friendly ear and wisdom of advice, that were you NOT hitting on him.