When does the texting conversation end?

emerald86

Recently, someone I know spent a lot of time helping me out with an exam that I was supposed to take. I was having so much trouble with the subject, and his help made such a huge difference. I'd say this person is a friend, but not someone I'm super close to. We do hang out with a group of people every now and then.

I don't think I'm going to see him as much anymore so I sent him a text telling him that I did well on the exam, and I thanked him for everything he has done for me. He replied saying that he's very happy to hear that and he's glad that he was able to help me out.

So does the conversation end there? I don't know, I feel like I should say something more, especially since he tutored me free of charge! I feel like I have to find some way to pay him back. I want to reply to the conversation but it looks like it just kind of ended with his last text.

Should I say anything more?

Edited by emerald86

Yes, you should definitely tell him more! He already said he's glad for helping you out, so ask how he's doing or if there's ever anything he might need help with to call you. Don't let it die there because then he might assume you just used him.

If anything, talk to him like you would any other friend.