liking a friend?

prlncess

I have known him for around 6 months and things have not progressed much. We've had occasional online and real life conversations where i have found out that i really like a lot of things about him. I also feel like we are quite similar in terms of hobbies, personality (some), backgrounds, behaviors and humor.

The only thing is that he is lazy and does not act upon many thing unless it is needed or he is made to. For example, he will never hit up friends for a chat or hang out, but he will talk to you if you start the conversation, the same with hanging out. He is content with his life right now and doesn't feel the the desperate need of a girlfriend.

What I'm wondering is that should i still just try and pursue him? I know this is against society's norms for girls, but f them id say! I don't mind going in a bit shameless and lowering my ego because of him. Getting hurt is not a problem, as I have been through way worse and this would not affect me much.

How would i go about doing it though? Right now, we do not see each other often, as we study different courses. The only few ways is to message him on facebook and ask to hang out etc. If i start the conversation daily, would he slowly start to get attached? Or would i just be a bit annoying

Thanks for reading and in advance for any suggestions! :)

I don't care about society's norms at all, but why on earth would you want to pursue someone who can't be bothered to take the initiative on anything and is generally disinterested? Wouldn't you find that annoying in the extreme? Truly, you should only give of yourself to people who give back, and this guy does not. Don't ever get in the habit of making all the effort in a one-sided situation or giving and giving trying to win someone over. Be careful what you wish for. No one needs a life sentence with this lazy, directionless guy.

As preraph says, don't get stuck in a one sided relationship.

But if he doesn't "initiate" and strike up a conversation, he could be shy? I know sometimes I barely initiate because I frankly don't like intruding on someones time. It's getting better.

Still if your friend doesn't even strike up an online conversation - then he could be well and truly lazy and disinterested.