He knows I like him but he ignores me?

Even writing this makes me cringe... So I guess this guys was a decent friend last year even though we didn't have any classes together. We sang for events multiple times together and we even hangout afterwards, BUT I think I ruined it last year because I kinda liked him and maybe I came on too strong and it became super obvious that I liked him. I don't even like him anymore I just miss him being my friend, and this all happened LAST school year (we just started our senior year on Monday) and this is the first time we have classes together BUT HE COMPLETELY IGNORES ME and avoids me and kinda rubs it in. Like I was walking with my friend and he called her out and said hi to her then looked at me and looked away? And he just avoids my friends whenever I'm with them and its confusing me because I didn't really do anything wrong?

I'm a pretty lovable person (according to others it's hard to ever hate me) and he's known for being one of the sweetest and outgoing/friendly guys in our class. So what could be the reason why he's ignoring me? Some people think it's because he actually LIKES me now? But hes really friendly and MOST OF HIS FRIENDS ARE GIRLS. It's been ONE YEAR since I talked to him idk why he's acting weird PLZ HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? I feel like our awkward silence is worse than talking to each other.

• Like 1
Fleur de cactus

There is a possibility that he suspects that you like him, and he probably does not want it to happen for different reasons and he is avoiding you.

Just find other friends, stay positive don;t waste your time trying to figure out what he wants.

• Like 1
.... what could be the reason why he's ignoring me? Some people think it's because he actually LIKES me now? ...

This makes no sense. If he likes you then he would keep hanging out with you. He chooses not to talk so naturally he has lost interest. Since it's been a year since you last spoke, it's time to let go and move on.

Make your friends the people who care about you, not the ones who don't.

How was it obvious that you liked him? How did you come on strong?

Is it possible you liked him so much, you came across a little weird? Perhaps avoiding him yourself and hiding your feelings?

Or perhaps, as you say your feelings have reduced, that perhaps he thinks you're not as close as you once were and you're treating him different, maybe even snubbing him? So he's avoiding you because he thinks you're being rude?

Life's too short. Tell him what happened last year, what you feel this year and ask him for what you want? Respect, friendship or more?

He's not interested and doesn't want to send mixed signals. Now he feels awkward around you. If this situation was reversed, everyone would get it. Say a guy comes on to a girl who's a casual friend. She's not interested. She may feel guilty she doesn't like him back, but now she just feels awkward and wants to avoid him. That's what he's doing. Move on. It's all you can do.

He doesn't sound interested in you. And sounds very immature still. Whether he likes you or doesn't like you he obviously doesn't know how to communicate in a mature manner. You sound like a nice girl. Don't waste your time on trying to decode this dude. If he liked you, he would make an effort. Be better than that and find a man that is clear he wants to be with you. In the meantime, don't give this guy another inkling of ammunition. Be civil, but don't go out of your way to make contact with him. If he does like you he might get his act together. If he doesn't, you're already ahead of the game and going about your life.