Should I (and how) apologize for my judgmental remark about a friend?

HansonGirl

I am angry at a guy friend of mine, and a few of us girls were chatting and i said a couple things about him that were judgmental and harsh. I am still angry at him and really have mixed feelings about him at the moment, but i never told these girls any of that. (and I do not plan on sharing why) I feel bad for saying those things. Just because I am angry at him does not give me the right to say judgmental things about him. I don't want to be one of those people who talks trash, but I'm afraid I did that. I probably came off super hateful.

I don't know if i should apologize to those girls, say something, and I don't know what i would say. or if i should just not say anything. One of the girls is especially close with him. So I don't know if there is something short and sweet I can say to basically explain why I said that, such as: I didn't mean to be so judgmental about Mike. I was just sort of mad at him about something.

I feel like there is no way to redeem myself without it being weird. this sucks :-(

If I were you, I'd say something. We all say things in anger. thrash talking isn't good, never looks good. I'm not a fan of hearing it about others. So, saying something may remedy it. They may act like, "whatever, its all good". But, they will acknowledge your thoughtful jester.

I'd say something like, I said some terrible things about ____, I am angry with him, but I shouldn't of disrespected him in front of his friends. I'm sorry if I offended you.