Feeling lost w/out my BFF

Summer sun

Hi there, my name is Christine. New to this site. Hoping I can talk to someone about my best friend and I. We have had many fights in the past & stopped talking but this one really hurts the most. Most people say give her time but stress is causing me to want her to talk to me now. Idk if she hates me, still cares for me. It's all just worrying me.

Hi there, my name is Christine. New to this site. Hoping I can talk to someone about my best friend and I. We have had many fights in the past & stopped talking but this one really hurts the most. Most people say give her time but stress is causing me to want her to talk to me now. Idk if she hates me, still cares for me. It's all just worrying me.

Yes I to have lost many friends but my best friends we are still friends! Sounds to me like this is not a true bff.

Probably you can share what happened between you and your best friend if that makes you feel any better. Something similar happened to me and I felt a lot better after sharing with people on the forums about how I've been feeling.

• Author

thank you.... My best friend started dating this guy over an Internet dating site. He seemed sweet & all but what started throwing me off was him needing money. He doesn't live around here just yet & his stuff is still in storage, he is here helping out his sister but now since they both falling in love & it's only Been about 4 or 5 weeks. She decides to give him the money he needs so he will stay, she said he never asked, well I thought it was odd since it was a lot of money but I thought ok this hopefully happens once.. Nope he said he needed more. I told her this doesn't sound good, you've only known him a few weeks don't do it but she said she wasn't even though she trusted him, so.. She calls her ex about it. Tells him not to tell me & gives her the money. I was so mad but kept my mouth shut. Well this back & fourth with him was becoming ridiculous, he said he was going back home. But his mom said she would help out, after he already quit his job, has no car, or anything. This has been going on since April. Now me & her ex both no this guy is poison to her but she won't listen to either one of us. He broke up with her because she kissed another guy but it was an accident, he kissed her first but she didn't stop it, until it got intense. Well it took him the whole day to figure out he was going to give her another chance.. 3 weeks later, he texts her to tell her...it's over, I can't trust you anymore, your better off without me. She calls me crying her eyes out. I drive up there before work. She is fine... Her ex tells me a week later they are back together.. She misunderstood his texts. I'm so tired of this and she knows it but doesn't care.. This care charms the hell out of her, even in the bedroom so of course she doesn't want to leave him. Her ex & I know he is poison but she doesn't want to see the truth and is tired of me not respecting her decision to be with him. I know I should but it's so damn hard seeing her get hurt. I love her to death and her kids. I just hope she realizes who this guy is with me not around. Sorry this was so long but I had to explain it all so you would understand it.

Hi summer, I truly feel bad for your best friend. Sometimes it really takes a mistake for people to learn. It's really unfortunate that his boyfriend would knowingly hurt and use her like that but in the end, the final decision is hers and hers only. If I were you, I would tell her and then have her make her own decisions. Its really hard for you, but you really have to give her space and let her free.

Hope that helps!!

• Author

thank you. I am giving her p, her space. I did text her this morning about a death in the family. I thought I doubt she will respond, half hr later, she calls me. I was shocked. I told her I am glad we are talking but wish it wasn't under these circumstances. She didn't say anything. Haven't heard from her since but I will let her know about funeral arrangements if she would like to attend. I want to give her, her space. I just hope we can reconnect again. She told me everything no one else..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

It's been awhile since I have said anything but I bought her a movie that I lost of hers awhile ago, the intent was to give it to her for her birthday. Well her birthday was awhile ago but I still want to show her I care. It's 4 DVDS in one to actually make up for losing the DvD, then to give her a simple birthday card that says "I hope you enjoy the movies" don't want to go to far or she may not like it. What do you guys think?

sportygirl89

Friendships of any sort shouldn't be hard. Lose the flakey friends. You don't need this drama. If she will choose this guy over you she doesn't deserve you.

• Author

Her mom told me I wasn't being a "true friend" because I didn't notice how happy she was. I did notice, but she didn't tell her mom what this guy is "really" like that's the problem so I just ignored her. I have lost friends before and most of it was them not me. One was "to good for me" the other was "controlling" those were my best friends and I don't miss them. The one ended in 7th grade when we met in 2nd and the other only lasted 5 years. This relationship, I've know her for 21 years & we weren't always "best friends" but... It took 17 years for God to bring us back together again. To me, that tells me something.