Drifting apart from best friend...

Boyfriend Probs

Boyfriend Probs

Hi, I need some help regarding a friend. I've posted here once about a year ago, and now reading back I feel pretty silly about how obsessive I got about my boyfriend, so hopefully I won't write anything too stupid here this time (please tell me if I do). :o

I've been friends with this one girl N for 3 years now since I was 14 (now almost 18). The first 2 years we were just casual friends that had fun talking to one another every now and then. This past year, we became REALLY close friends. We video chatted everyday, whether if it was until 3am cramming for a test or even while we were just brushing our teeth, and told each other everything.

Around February, N started getting caught up in all that "popular crowd" stuff and obsessing about how she's friends with all these cool people. I, on the other hand, really dislike that. She used to not care about that kind of superficial stuff, but now it's all she obsesses about. She picked up a boyfriend (this dude she thought was cute, but she didn't have any feelings for him; she just wanted a bf), and started only coming to my house after her dates so that she could lie to her parents that she was at my house instead of out dating her bf.

Around May I finally blew up at N and ignored her for 2 weeks. It's a long story, but basically she confronted me after a while and I told her why and admitted that it was childish of me to avoid her. We cried, forgave each other, and mostly mended our relationship although it wasn't 100% the same. Since then, we haven't video chatted even once - and it was something we did everyday! Sometimes she doesn't even bother answering my texts anymore, or if she does, she takes much longer to reply now. She'll also casually insert these comments about how she's spending 2 hours at a gym working out with her "best friend". I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm losing my best friend, and it's all my fault.