friend bragging about new bf- feel bad being jealous

reeseyummy

So my friend found "the one" (seems like it)

I was skeptical at first because it was too soon and too mushy to be true

But now i feel jealous I almost wish her bf is just playing her

I feel really bad thinking like this, because I should be happy for her.

The thing that bothers be is that she tells me how sweet he is, and how serious they are, and even sends me the cutesy notes her bf leaves her when they are apart. It's very cheesy but I can imagine it would be cute if you were the one on the receiving end.

Every time she sends me these I just feel jealous and unsatisfied with my current bf, whom I have nothing major to complain about; I just feel like its will someday end, and not like her magical mystical fairy tale love story.

It is okay to feel jealous of your best friend's relationship?

PS: we're 26, her bf is 30-something, my bf is 28

whichwayisup
So my friend found "the one" (seems like it)

I was skeptical at first because it was too soon and too mushy to be true

But now i feel jealous I almost wish her bf is just playing her

I feel really bad thinking like this, because I should be happy for her.

The thing that bothers be is that she tells me how sweet he is, and how serious they are, and even sends me the cutesy notes her bf leaves her when they are apart. It's very cheesy but I can imagine it would be cute if you were the one on the receiving end.

Every time she sends me these I just feel jealous and unsatisfied with my current bf, whom I have nothing major to complain about; I just feel like its will someday end, and not like her magical mystical fairy tale love story.

It is okay to feel jealous of your best friend's relationship?

PS: we're 26, her bf is 30-something, my bf is 28

This really is your issue and the fact you're not happy in your own relationship means it's time to reassess and either fix your relationship with your boyfriend or end it. To be jealous in mean way and wish negative thoughts on your best friends relationship isn't healthy for you. You should be happy she's found someone who adores her, not wish them ill and hope he is playing games with her so she will be hurting and unhappy like you seem to be feeling now.

Please, whatever you do, don't tell her that you feel this jealous/envious of her relationship. It will cause problems and resentment.

• Like 1

What is it about their relationship that you have the ability to incorporate in yours? Then do it.

You can feel anything you want , the reason behind it though deserves re-examining. Take time to consider that and then do something about it.

If she can have that sort of attention, then why can't you?

Tell your man what's up, how you're happy, but not so happy.

Was your bf more attentive and thoughtful when you first started dating? Because men are always on their best behavior early on. All that mush is unlikely to keep going a year down the line.

But as others have said, this is about you and your relationship and it's probably ringing bells about whether you are expecting too little out of a relationship or settling for guys just for companionship. You have no right to act on your jealousy and it's your duty as a friend to keep a lid on it and not make this about her being inconsiderate. She's happy and sharing it with you. You must listen and tell her you're glad she's happy. And it's fine if you want to confess you wish your bf was more appreciative. But in the end, it's up to you whether you stay with a man who isn't.

bubbaganoosh

Seriously? How long do you think that the cutesy notes and all the other cool little things he's doing will last?

It's a new relationship so he's showing all his assets now and later on all the warts and scars will show up like in a relationship.

Bet you a shiny red apple, you BF was on his absolute best behavior when you guys met too.

• Like 1

I agree with bubbaganoosh, new love is beautiful, sweeping, intoxicating, and your friend really needs to share with someone....with you. But the fact is that she and he will eventually come up against the regular issues we all face and struggle with in relationships, and the shine will wear off.

It actually would be GREAT if it stayed magical!!!

And its ok if you feel a little envious... but aren't you going to feel bad when she runs to you crying about how he looks at other girls, or told her he hates her belly roll, or that he prefers to fantasize about Asian women, or he wants to live in the Alaskan wilderness - alone - or that he has a temper whenever someone puts onions on his burger, or his buddies hate her and push her away so they can go to a strip club, or he's failing his classes, starts smoking pot, and relies on her for money....or...any number of things that interrupt the pure beauty of new love...