Letting go of friends that i care about...

DatingDirection

DatingDirection

I went through an entire bottle of a cocktail, a large bottle, and today i feel like crap. I drank it slowly, i didn't realise i drank the whole bottle. I'm crying alot, and i missing all of my friends that i had to let go of. One guy i wanted to be friends with so much, but i can't be friends with b/c i want to be with him, and he and i have been intimate with, and he came back wanting to be friends, and i said i can't, and now im sitting here, in tears, and analyzing my whole life and where it's going. i dont know what to do to stop feeling so awful. i'm on meds for depression, and i drank, which i don't even drink, but b/c i wanted to enjoy my day yesterday at the beach, i had a little too much, then went out with friends yesterday and drank some more. this NEVER happends and now im paying for it.

You have a hangover. You will be OK. Eat a banana. You need the potassium.

You can't be friends with people you have had sex with. It doesn't work.

Make some real friends, just platonic.

When you are feeling stronger move forward & learn from the mistakes you made. You can do this.

• Like 2
  • Author
DatingDirection

Thank you :) im new at this, and i had to learn the hard way, with a person who i really cared for alot.

Drinking will always make depression worse. Especially if you are already feeling upset about something. Trust me, I know this from experience. You're going to feel much better once the hangover passes.

It's probably a good idea not to contact this guy, no matter how bad you feel. If you have other friends who you have left behind but think you might want to talk to again you should contact them once you feel better. If you don't have a desire to reconnect with them then don't worry. Just focus on moving on and finding other friends. In the meantime rest up, drink plenty of water and consider calling a family member. It might be nice to talk to someone who knows you well and who you can express your feelings to. Stay strong, and know that you can get through this.

• Like 1

^ Well, I suppose that's true for some, but going on a bender and acting out used to make me feel considerably better. It depends on the person. But you shouldn't let something throw you into a place where you just keep drinking to anesthetize. You have to deal with the pain sometime.

Yes, we all have those certain moments where we just can't seem to let them go, but it's a we must let them go because of certain points in our lives, the direction of life it is we're going (same as the first, but a little different), or just because the communication isn't there anymore.