Friendship turned to fire, he put it out! Now what?

DatingDirection

DatingDirection

Long story short, we were friends for 2 years, then we slept together after 2 years of friendship. He said, he wanted to get to know me better. Then he wasn't well, he pulled away from me, then he met another girl, now that girl is his girlfriend, and now he writes to me saying he missed me quite a bit and it's hard for him to go so long without talking to me.

My feelings: Alot like love, and the more i engage with him, about my life and vise versa, the more attached i feel to him, and i want to be with him. Should i tell him this, and just cut off all ties with him? Would this NC maybe bring him back to me? Or would keeping a friendship with him, make him realize he wants to be with me? What should i do? Please help, thank you :)

Edited by DatingDirection
casey.lives

depends on the kind of person he is.. my ex got back with his ex and she played the "friend" card to get him and it was a huge success... if the person is like me. cutting ties and coming back through the dating angle would ONLY work for me... yeah.. my ex and i are so incompatible and different.. things happen for a reason

• Like 1

You should tell him "Talk to me when you don't have a girlfriend. What kind of person do you think I am???"

• Like 2
  • Author
DatingDirection

These are all really wise OP, thank you. It's just hard saying goodbye to someone whom i felt a strong connection with. I'm dreading it, and i know it will bring me to tears.

It's just hard saying goodbye to someone whom i felt a strong connection with. I'm dreading it, and i know it will bring me to tears.

DatingDirection, the hardest part of whatever you are "dreading" has already happened in fact, truth, reality...and you're still standing! :)

It's okay if you feel the need to cut ties right now, and it's okay to shed some tears about it. If it's temporary or if it'll turn out to be permanent, who knows or can predict at present? Either way, you will still be standing! :)

Follow your gut on what to do -- trust that it knows. That is, trust that YOU know at inner levels, even when it feels that you don't know in your outer mind.

Hugs and best.

• Like 1

Drop him. The only reason why he's even attached to you is because y'all slept together and maybe the sex was amazing or just with you in general was amazing.

Don't let certain words fool you unless they're spoken with actions.

• Like 1