making new friends into the new yr

i don;t even now, never even mind dating and having a gf, as of all i need to make more freinds be it male or female. the freind i have right now for 4 yrs is damn annoying-guess we knew each other for too long and hung out too much-he too is a loner. i am signing up for volunteerting in the coming new yr which is a start to meet ppl. doing the school thing but i hardly meet anybody there- finish lecture, ..... and go home-even group projects ppl we talk and all then dispart. hope the volunteerting thing which i would be workin with the public would give me a boost in making freinds.....i care less if my freinds are white,asian..... but prefer ppl around my age 20's.

i never had a female freind, shy and quite all my life and female tend to stick with females too.

• 2 weeks later...
HokeyReligions

I've made friends doing volunteer work. Where are you volunteering? Have you made any new friends yet? I've also volunteered at places where I did not find anyone one else with similar interests -- don't be discouraged if that happens with you sometimes. Just keep trying. What about leisure learning courses? They are not set up like regular classes so you may be able to find someone there.